Twitter genius from badbanana: “They should make a Matlock reunion special where the plot fully explains the upcoming digital TV transition.” [via BestAt]

Comments

1. WBrink says:

Does anybody else hate that there is no thought given to authority and voice these days? Every time I turn on CNN, they’re offering up quotes from Twitter as if it was news. I know technology immersion and integration is all fun, but I’m certain that the vast majority of people out there are not worth listening to and don’t have the authority to speak on most matters.

2. Chris Walters says:

You’re right, I should have contacted the Matlock Institute for a comment before posting.

• WBrink says:

@Chris Walters: The comment was not about the post, but about Twitter and viewer/reader participation in general. Like, in surveys on the stimulus package (or Republican senators), it should read “54% of people completely uneducated on economics or policy state that they are not for this program- nor do they understand it. 100% of those polled could not pronounce ‘Keynesian.'”

• Chris Walters says:

@WBrink: Ha ha, yes, and I have to admit I laughed *and* rolled my eyes a lot the first time I saw Rick Sanchez read his own Twitter stream on the air. “CNN! Somehow relevant! Please!”

• WBrink says:

@Chris Walters: PS – The joke itself was fantastic. =)

3. bohemian says:

My mom would watch a Matlock special…
    Maybe he is onto something.

4. Plates says:

This would only work as a Matlock-Diagnosis Murder-Murder She Wrote crossover.

5. WorldHarmony says:

Expertise is so yesterday. Welcome to the postmodern era!

6. SunnyLea says:

I only accept jokes from authoritative sources.

7. 6a says:

Thankfully a helpful video has been produced to aid the Matlock generation with the transition.