Don’t give your friends money via Facebook without talking to them first. [CNN] (Thanks to Jamie!)

Comments

1. Pylon83 says:

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

• Angryrider says:

@Pylon83: Indeed, but just as many there are people who don’t understand the DTV transition, there are more who decide to think it’s cool to send money through some free website.

2. aguacarbonica says:

A find that people who have too much discretionary money are always the ones who end up getting screwed my stuff like this.

I am not sure they are more stupid about their money, but they definitely seem a lot less careful.

I WISH I had $1500 to help my friend get back from LONDON. I guard the money I have pretty closely, and anything I lend out, I just regard as a gift in case it never comes back. Then again, he doesn’t seem that broken up about the money anyway.

3. Ash78 ain't got time to bleed says:

wtf is “talking”?

4. se7a7n7 says:

I’m going to let my Facebook friends know that it”s definitely OK to send my money.

5. HogwartsAlum says:

This is the same scam as those “Help me Gramma, I’m in jail, send bail money” phone calls, only on Facebook.

6. pecan 3.14159265 says:

I would love to have extra thousands of dollars floating around for discretionary use. I’m wise about my money, maybe this guy should give his money, since he is apparently not as wise about his.

7. Dan Allard says:

There’s not actually a way to ‘give’ money via facebook, right? TFA reads to me like it’s just someone using a (hacked) facebook account to solicit money via some other method.

8. EdnaLegume says:

if I’m ever in London, and robbed at gunpoint, I think I’m just going to call American Express about my stolen travelers checks. Or maybe I’ll call Mom and Dad. Or my wealthy uncle.

log onto facebook? probably not.

9. shawntempesta says:

I actually had my account hacked at the beginning of January… the ONLY way Facebook would respond to me is when I emailed them from my work email account (I work at a TV station)

One of the messages the “hacker” sent said, and I quote, “Pls Help Me From This Suck”. HAHAHAHA awh.

Blog I Wrote On It: [participate.foxprovidence.com]