Consumerist Friday Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five wonderful photos readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for neatness and usability in a Consumerist post. Check ‘em out, vote for your fave!

Title: “#342/366 Jaymi – A Favourite Meal
Caption: “This is one of Jaymi’s favourite meals. We had it tonight for dinner, because my husband had to be at work late and we wanted an easy dinner. So, here is my 10th photo for 30 Days of Rants & Raves. A rave for Annie’s pasta. :)”
By: CrzysChick

Title: “save-2
By: smcgee

Title: “Consumerism: America’s Religion
By: darren bryden

Title: “Liquid Courage
Caption: “The Subway Inn, NYC. Killing time before a client shoot.”
By: shatterkiss

Title: “IMG_5789
By: walkerspace

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Underpants Gnome says:

Mmmmm, Gin & Tonic sounds good right now.

2. startertan says:

That consumerism pic makes me think of Tetris and the music. I would’ve voted for Save-2 but Tetris music won out.

3. shoelace414 says:

No boobs.. I’ll go for the kid instead

4. formatc says:

Voted for Save-2 but I need to give props to the kid for good taste – Annie’s products are amazing.

• Samantha Gattsek says:

@formatc:

That’s what I thought too, until I tried their cereals. Good lord they are bad. I got the “Honey Bunny Oats” and it looks like cat treats and smells like wet cardboard.

• formatc says:

@Samantha Gattsek: Fruity Bunnies are good. Haven’t tried Honey Bunny Oats, but the Cocoa/Vanilla Bunnies are disappointing.

• Samantha Gattsek says:

@formatc:
          My parents never bought me Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops as a kid, so for some reason the idea of fruit flavored cereal is kind of weird. I’ll just go back to eating my Kashi cereal with real fruit added in :p

• formatc says:

@Samantha Gattsek: Don’t get me wrong, my preferred breakfast cereal is Cascadian Farm’s Raisin Bran or Mother’s Cinnamon Oat Crunch. My parents never bought me the sweet stuff as a kid either. I use the Fruity Bunnies as a dessert.

5. mac-phisto says:

the “save” pic makes my eyes go all wacky b/c of the blur – they keep trying to focus the picture. kind of a cool effect.

• wastedlife says:

@mac-phisto: I think they used something called tilt-shift photography. IIRC, it slightly moves the lens while still holding focus in the center. The edges are blurred and the focus gets a sort of exaggerated look. It almost looks like the objects are miniatures or models instead of the real thing. This link has a bunch of cool examples of tilt-shift:

[www.smashingmagazine.com]

6. weakdome says:

Vote for renaming “Save” to “A study in learning how to focus my camera correctly”, or perhaps “Blur, fuzz, and bad focus, with a side of blur.”

7. Belabras ate my dingo! says:

No norks this week? Awww.

8. Sarah McGee says:

@wastedlife: It’s my photo and it is a tilt-shift with an 85mm PC Nikkor. Sorry I wasn’t more creative with the title, I took two, so there was save-1 and save-2.

smcgee

9. Trai_Dep says:

Show us your tits! Oh. Cough. Sorry.

I’d title the USPS one, Blond Elvis Has Left the Building, so minus points for naming it the Wall-E-esque IMG_57987.

Garnishes should never overwhelm your cocktail so…

As tempted as I am to go for the adorable kid (and she’s freaken adorable), I’m going for the Bauhaus influenced, industrial, America’s Religion. Only because the containers are empty and there’s rust collecting on them. Although (cough) I’d desaturate them a bit and probably radial blur the edges just a nudge. It has fearful symmetry.

Good mix, though!

10. Wubbytoes says:

That first picture reminds me that I have some of that Annie’s mac and cheese in the cupboard.