With a vote of 264-158, the House agreed to delay the DTV transition to June 12. The Senate voted last week for the delay, and President Obama is expected to sign it. The delay will help the millions of consumers whose coupons expired before the converters were even available, as well as the two million on a waiting list for the coupons.
By alexchasick February 4, 2009
More From Consumerist
- FCC Adopts Rule Saying Your Phone Company Actually Has To Tell You Before They Kill Your Copper Landline
- Congress One Step Closer To Granting Fast-Track Authority For Passing Mysterious Trans-Pacific Trade Treaty
- House Panel Strikes Provision That Would Delay Added Military Lending Act Protections
- Senate Passes USA Freedom Act, Ushering In A Kindler, Gentler Era Of NSA Snooping
- Congress May Delay Predatory Lending Protection For Military Personnel