After protests from the First Lady, toy company Ty has agreed not to sell “Sweet Sasha” and “Marvelous Malia” dolls. Ty, the maker of Beanie Babies, had maintained that the dolls were not based on the Obama daughters.
More From Consumerist
- Why Are Big-Box Stores Pricing Barbies Differently By Race?
- Barbie Knocked Off Top Toy Spot For Girls By Queen Elsa & The Gang From That One Movie
- Ad Board Recommends McDonald’s Focus On Actual Meal, Not Just The Cool Toy
- Is This Talking Barbie Saying “What The F**k?!”?
- ’70s LEGO Flyer Reminds Everyone Toy Used To Be Gender-Neutral