The boy whose HP was running 200°F and was told by tech support to “buy a cooling mat” used some of the higher-up phone numbers readers posted in the comment on the original post to get in touch with a Senior Case Manager. Despite being out of warranty, they reopened the case and had him send in his laptop. Lo and behold, they fixed it! “It is running great now,” writes Travis. Huzzah!
Update: HP Laptop Runs 200°F, Support Says "Buy A Cooling Mat"
By Ben Popken January 29, 2009
More From Consumerist
- PayPal Very Quietly Admits That It’s Aware Of Random Payment Delays
- Feds Shut Down Phony Apple, Microsoft, Google Tech Support Scammers
- Regulators Won’t Investigate Claims That Walmart’s “Raise In Pay” Commercial Is Misleading
- Some Dell Laptops Shipping With Big Security Flaw Pre-Installed
- Report: GM Threatened With Regulatory Investigation Before Issuing Recall For Fire-Prone Hummers