President Obama has ordered the EPA to allow states set their own fuel-efficiency standards (fourteen states had begun the process when President Bush put a stop to it a couple of years ago.) He’s also asked the DOT to “develop higher fuel-efficiency standards automakers would have to follow.” [USA Today]
By cwalters January 26, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Volkswagen Ordered To Recall 500K Vehicles Over Emission Violations
- Yes, Owners Of Recalled Volkswagens Can File Deceptive Marketing Complaints With The FTC
- Why Did Volkswagen Only Rig Emissions Systems On Diesel Cars?
- Hyundai And Kia To Pay $100M For Misleading MPG, Gas Emission Figures
- Volkswagen To Announce Emissions Fix Plans In “Next Few Days”