Yay, New Jersey! They’ve got a bill in the works that would require all high school seniors to learn basic personal finance skills, like writing a check, managing credit card debt, and getting a mortgage. Excellent, kids should graduate high school knowing cosine and cosign.
Personal Finance 101 Required For High School Graduation?
By Ben Popken January 26, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Percentage Of Rich Kids Needing Student Loans Has Doubled Since 1992
- Protecting Military Servicemembers From Predatory Loans Is A National Security Issue
- Abusive Lending Practices Can Lead To Negative Long-Term Consequences For Borrowers, Communities
- 9 Things We’re So Grateful Mom Taught Us About Money
- You May Soon Need Less Of A Down-Payment To Buy A Home