When Chase completely takes over the old WaMu credit card division in March, a new super-power will be granted to WaMu credit card customers who also have a Chase credit card, reports CreditMattersBlog. As long as you have a zero balance on one of the cards, the two cards will be combined and your Chase’s credit limit will now be the sum of the two credit limits. WaMu cardholders without a Chase card will get to convert their cards into Chase cards.
Chase Eats All WaMu Credit Cards In March, What Happens?
By Ben Popken January 26, 2009
More From Consumerist
- JPMorgan Chase To Pay $136M To Close Credit Card Debt Collection Probes [UPDATED]
- Discover To Let You ‘Freeze’ Credit Card When You’re Not Sure If It Needs To Be Canceled
- Forgot To Return A Purchase? Maybe Your Credit Card Issuer Can Help
- Chase Says It Will Replace All Debit Cards With Chip-Enabled Cards
- Credit Card Issuers Increase Limits For Subprime Borrowers; Raise Concerns About Risks