The credit card regulations that the Fed enacted last month won’t take effect until summer of 2010, so Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney is reintroducing the Credit Cardholders’ Bill of Rights, which offers the same reforms but would come into effect 90 days after the president signs it.
By alexchasick January 19, 2009
More From Consumerist
- 5 Signs That You Shouldn’t Be Using Credit Cards
- 10 Answers To Credit Card Questions We Get Asked All The Time
- Congress May Delay Predatory Lending Protection For Military Personnel
- Credit Card Issuers Increase Limits For Subprime Borrowers; Raise Concerns About Risks
- House Panel Strikes Provision That Would Delay Added Military Lending Act Protections