According to Bloomberg, retailers expect to close 73,000 stores in the first half of 2009, because no one bought enough Christmas presents. Thanks, Marc!
By alexchasick December 30, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Costco Sold Nearly 400,000 Cars Last Year Just To Keep Members Happy
- Sears Holdings Lost $1.7 Billion In 2014, Considers This An Improvement
- Kmart Will Open At 6 A.M. On Thanksgiving, Stay Open 42 Hours Straight
- Price Tags Might Be A Strange 150-Year Anomaly In The History Of Commerce
- Canada Discovers Christmas Creep At Costco, Blames America