According to Bloomberg, retailers expect to close 73,000 stores in the first half of 2009, because no one bought enough Christmas presents. Thanks, Marc!
By alexchasick December 30, 2008
More From Consumerist
- This Year’s Avalanche Of Online Orders Won’t Be So Great For Retailers When Everyone Starts Returning Gifts
- Clothing Retailers Lost $185 Million In November Because The Weather Is Too Nice
- Online Retail Passes In-Store Shopping For Black Friday Weekend
- Retailers Prepare To Fight Holiday Shoppers And Each Other To Not Offer Discounts
- Costco Sold Nearly 400,000 Cars Last Year Just To Keep Members Happy