According to Bloomberg, retailers expect to close 73,000 stores in the first half of 2009, because no one bought enough Christmas presents. Thanks, Marc!
By alexchasick December 30, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Costco Sold Nearly 400,000 Cars Last Year Just To Keep Members Happy
- Retailers Prepare To Fight Holiday Shoppers And Each Other To Not Offer Discounts
- Kmart Will Open At 6 A.M. On Thanksgiving, Stay Open 42 Hours Straight
- Sears Holdings Lost $1.7 Billion In 2014, Considers This An Improvement
- Price Tags Might Be A Strange 150-Year Anomaly In The History Of Commerce