There’s a nasty winter storm coming to Chicagoland — a mix of rain, sleet and snow that might result in 12″ of accumulation. Jennifer was scheduled to fly right in the middle of it.
She called Delta to ask if her flight could be changed — and at first they wanted to charge her a $150 fee.
I’ve got a flight out of Chicago O’Hare tomorrow morning, right in the middle of a massive winter storm that’s expected to come through here. I decided to give it a shot and call Delta and see if they would change my flight out for one leaving today. I spoke with Latoya, who initially told me that since the flight tomorrow had not been cancelled, there would still be a $150 change fee as well as any fare increase. She was very nice and apologetic, so I tried reason and explained that this storm hitting the city was a near certainty, that O’Hare would be a mad house tomorrow of angry fliers and cranky flight personnel and that if they got me out tonight instead of tomorrow I would be one less person to worry about. It worked! She put me on hold, came back and the fees were waived, no fare increase and I’ve got a flight out later this afternoon.
Just thought you’d like to know that, occasionally, reason does prevail.
Hooray for that.
(Photo: Wayne Gunn )