Good news for renters who’ve been dutifully paying their rent while their landlords failed to make the mortgages, and were facing eviction as a result: Fannie Mae will sign new leases with them. [NYT]
Fannie Mae Lets Renters Stay
By Ben Popken December 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Should A Landlord Be Allowed To Repeatedly Offer Buyout Offers To Resistant Tenants?
- Why Do I Still Have To Write A Check To Pay My Rent?
- San Francisco Landlord Charged $4K/Month In Rent For Rodent-Infested “Death Trap” Apartments
- DOJ Sues Quicken Loans Over Improperly Underwritten Mortgages
- Beach Town May Ban Renters From Using Vacation Homes’ Pools