Good news for renters who’ve been dutifully paying their rent while their landlords failed to make the mortgages, and were facing eviction as a result: Fannie Mae will sign new leases with them. [NYT]
Fannie Mae Lets Renters Stay
By Ben Popken December 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- First-Time Homebuyers May Only Need 3% Down Payment, But It Won’t Be A Cakewalk
- Should A Landlord Be Allowed To Repeatedly Offer Buyout Offers To Resistant Tenants?
- Why Do I Still Have To Write A Check To Pay My Rent?
- San Francisco Landlord Charged $4K/Month In Rent For Rodent-Infested “Death Trap” Apartments
- It’s About To Get A Lot More Difficult To Run An Airbnb Empire In San Francisco