In which Consumer Reports employees harm themselves or their real estate with consumer products, part 2. In this episode, a CR staffer’s son uses the stove’s self-cleaning feature without removing a plastic cutting board from inside the oven. Yes, the fire department was involved. They had to pull the range out of the kitchen and leave it to cool in the driveway. Awkward. [Consumer Reports]
More From Consumerist
- Family Claims “Hoverboard” Scooter Exploded, Burned Down House
- CPSC Intensifies Investigation Into Exploding “Hoverboards,” USPS Restricts Shipments
- NHTSA Investigating Chrysler Recall Remedy After Reports That Sun Visors Continue To Catch Fire
- Why Are So Many People Reporting Kenmore Oven Door Explosions?
- July Recall Roundup: Of Course Kids Are Going To Chew On Their Strollers