If you’re looking to refinance a home and have cash and good credit, now is a good time to pull the trigger. Yesterday the government announced the latest Federal golden bandaid: a pledge to inject $800 billion directly into the credit markets, news which pushed national average mortgage rates for a 30 year fixed to 5.81%, down from 6.07%, according to bankrate. Bankrate also suggest that if you’re trying to refi to act quickly, before rates rise or home values drop.
ReFi Time: Mortgage Rates Drop On New $800 Billion Intervention
By Ben Popken November 26, 2008
More From Consumerist
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- Many Homebuyers Spend More Time Shopping For A TV Than Looking For The Right Mortgage
- New Homeowners To Pay Less For FHA Mortgage Insurance
- Store-Branded Credit Cards Charge Upwards Of 29% Interest
- Abusive Lending Practices Can Lead To Negative Long-Term Consequences For Borrowers, Communities