Charts: Mac Black Friday, MacMall Or BestBuy?

There’s some nice discounts this Black Friday on the usually deal-proof Macs, but who’s got the better price? MacMall, or BestBuy? Going through the full discount list is a pain, so MacRumors has put together a handy comparison chart of the prices on the current models for you. The biggest difference is in the MacBook pros, which MacMall has at $200 off vs BestBuy’s $100.

Black Friday Discounts on Macs Have Begun [MacRumors] (Thanks to David!)

Comments

1. Caprica Six says:

I’d just as well purchase a macbook or macbook pro from MacMall vs BestBuy as it will save me on taxes too!

2. WaylenEscared says:

still overpriced. pwnt.

• alexawesome says:

@WaylenEscared: Sorry, but newegg had them for $500 off, and Springboard media had them for $1000 off. Shopping around means not shopping in the same places over and over again.

3. chiieddy says:

Apple Stores will (reportedly) match MacBook prices

• chris_l says:

@chiieddy:

Moot point as sales tax on a $2000 laptop is quite the killer. In my area it’s 7.25% I’d rather not spend.

• TheStonepedo says:

@chris_l: You could get a cheaper laptop on which you can afford to pay state and local taxes. I like to have the option of local service from people who are glad I shop with them rather than a website/warehouse that sees me as just another order. Local shops’ employers generally dislike repairing products they sell that you chose to buy elsewhere for a few dollars less.
        Would you rather dine out at a national chain or a smaller local restaurant?

4. rtmccormick says:

Still can’t stomach spending double for a pretty package. I’ll leave that to the liberals with too much money.

5. Anonymous says:

Spending double for a pretty package? HELLO? I have a Powerbook that is over 7 years old still going strong. How many PC’s have I had to buy in that 7 years? at least 3. Wow.. I see the savings already buying Mac.

6. kjherron says:

A nice way to save money on Apple gear is to buy it refurbished from their online store. We’ve bought three Macs that way, and we’ve never had any reason to regret it.

7. bearison says:

Saved $200 dollars when I bought my MacBook Pro yesterday. Apple Store price matched Amazon sale price and mail in rebate. Didn’t even have to haggle. If that makes me a liberal w/ too much money then so be it. No tax thanks to the fine state of Delaware.