Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five wonderful photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Title: “Enchanted Forest”
By: Lisa Brewster

Title: “Economic Suicide”
Caption: “So Much Fun”
By: frankieleon

By: soraxtm

Title: “Our 92 Integra at 100k”
Caption: “Tonight our 1992 Acura Integra turned over 100,000 miles. We got it 16 years ago for $14,000 out the door. It has been a great, reliable car and worth every penny. I love that car!”
By: sfxeric

Title: “The world’s largest Sheetz”
Caption: “20 pumps. Endless canopies. MTOs. It’s no Wawa, but it was still pretty damn big and fed my late-night hunger.”
By: voteprime

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Moosehawk says:

I think I’m going to say 5 is my favorite this week. For some reason, gas station lights in the night have always really appealed to me.

But 2 and 4 are right up there.

2. hellinmyeyes says:

I like 2 and 4 also, but seriously… who drives only 6200 miles per year?? If you drive like a granny (groceries, Sunday church, only), you’ll end up with a well-preserved car!

• formatc says:

@hellinmyeyes: My average is about 7000. I live 2 miles from work and there is plenty of food and shopping around. I drive a Buick sedan and even with going out for drinks after work or shopping on the weekend I only fill my gas tank once or twice a month.

3. midwestkel says:

Wow! I think these are all great pictures this week!

4. blackmage439 says:

100K on a ’92? Feh.

My ’94 Saturn is still kicking after over 168,000!

5. startertan says:

That Sheetz looks like the one in Edgewood, MD. Any idea where that pic was taken?

• summerbee says:

@startertan: This Sheetz looks like any of the Sheetz’s (Sheet’z? Sheetzzzzes?) that’s I’ve been to. My dibbs are on Williamsport, PA.

• KDDatabase says:

@startertan: Its the one in Manassas, VA. I can tell by the roy rogers across the street. Wow thats 2 things in my city featured this week. First the CCity in time now this.

• Pipes says:

@startertan: It is almost certainly the original Sheetz which I believe is in Altoona, PA. Very close to Penn State where I went to school. We called it the “uber-Sheetz.” It has a drink case larger than my hometown Sheetz, a restaurant, WiFi…you name it.

I very recently tried WaWa on a road trip back from Raleigh and the food did not at ALL stack up to Sheetz. I did like their 4 inch sub option, though.

6. docrice says:

I love #2…and what’s up with #3? Does this guy not care that we have his scrip number, address, name, doctor’s name, etc.?

7. mac-phisto says:

mmm…MTO & wawa in the same post.

road trip to pa. i gotta get me some hoagies.

• LetMeGetTheManager says:

@mac-phisto:

Is it bad I knew that was a Sheetz before I even saw the caption? I must take a trip away from NJ to get to Sheetz…exit 298 off the Pennsylvania Turnpike is the closest one.

• summerbee says:

@LetMeGetTheManager:

I am eating a Wawa American right now and it DOES NOT BEAT a single MTO item from Sheetz. I miss those Central PA days. Sort of.

Maybe.

• mac-phisto says:

@summerbee: for some reason, i once misread the box on a 2-ft hoagie as a “mr. hoagie” (hey, i was loaded – it happens). to this day, when i see a wawa, i stop in for a mr. hoagie.

• thepassenger says:

@mac-phisto: Hi, can you clue in those of us not from the relevant area to what an MTO is?

• mac-phisto says:

@thepassenger: made-to-order. you select your sandwich & what you want on it on a touch-screen, the magic MTO gnomes do their stuff & presto! your back on the road with a full tank & a full tummy.

if you see a sheetz, stop. i know gas station sandwiches don’t sound all that great (they suck here in CT), but MTO is f-ing awesome.

• i_love_life says:

@thepassenger: ahh, I thought sheetz was everywhere. (I’m from northeastern PA, so I had no idea it was only in this area)

8. Mark says:

Hooray for Matrin A Van…
    1351 Cook Rd, Tullahoma, Tn 37388
    [maps.google.com]

He takes Clonazepam!
    [en.wikipedia.org]

9. TemporaryError says:

Klonipin. The best solution yet to the current economic turmoil. You may still have lost your house, you may still be unemployed, but you just really don’t care anymore and a park bench isn’t so uncomfortable now.

10. CountryJustice says:

You’re darn shtraight it’sh no WaWa. WaWa jusht doeshn’t shtack up to Sheetz, in any meashurement.

20 pumps isn’t unheard-of for a Sheetz. As for the worlds largest? I’d be surprised if it’s not in Altoona, PA (the big one on Pleasant Valley Blvd. off I-99 comes to mind).

11. Wubbytoes says:

The Clonazepam picture is really cool. It kind of looks like it was taken in Fallout 3.

12. davekoob says:

202,000 and some change miles on the still kickin’ 99 Ford Ranger V6er

:) 18,500 miles a year!!!

There are things to be said for keeping your cars up!!! (Glad to know I’m not the only one that takes pictures of ‘historical’ milestones on vehicles)

13. JanDuKretijn says:

Dislike #1. They’re very self-satisfied with their own cleverness. Think #2′s the best!

14. coolkiwilivin says:

100K? Post when you got 200K+ like my 91 integra. What a car!

15. RandaPanda says:

What is Sheetz?? And why aren’t they in Missouri? That picture makes me want one here…