Updated: Ben Popken Rocks On The Money (Delayed)

UPDATE: CNBC is holding my piece tonight because Robert Allen himself has agreed to talk to them on-camera. So maybe we’ll see it next week. Stay tuned.

Be sure to catch me in my debut as a “real journalist” of the small-screen, doing a special report on the Robert Allen real estate program, on CNBC’s On The Money program Tuesday night, 9pm eastern. I’ll be the reporter in the piece, and talking with Carmen Wong Ulrich on set. Set the DVR to “posterity,” it’s a special Consumerist/On The Money tag-team you don’t want to miss!

On The Money [Official Site]
RELATED:Consumerist Attends Robert Allen’s Get Rich Quick In Real Estate Seminar
Despite Subprime Implosion, Robert Allen’s Troops Still Pitch “Get Rich Quick In Real Estate With No Money Down”

Comments

1. balthisar says:

Man, that “real journalist” barb has just set blogging back by 10 years! So much for blogger respect, now! ;-)

2. zigziggityzoo says:

lol. Ben had a blournalgasm. (you figure it out)

3. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot says:

Way to go, Ben!

4. therethinker says:

@zigziggityzoo: oh dear…

I tried watching that show once, and it just seemed too… authoritative. The woman acts loud (if you’ve seen it, you know what I mean) and I think she also tries to appeal to a slightly younger demographic than the one that usually watches these shows.

Now that I think of it, this might mean that viewers will actually understand the whole “blogger” thing…

• SybilDisobedience says:

@therethinker: “Authoritative?” “Loud?” Are you just saying you prefer women quiet? Because news reporters are SUPPOSED to sound authoritative and assertive. Even the female ones.

5. Zach, your favorite liberal Texan politics-and-news junkie/Doctor Who super-fan says:

My DVR is set! Good luck Ben!

6. psm321 says:

My program guide shows “On the Money” at 9pm est, not 8. I don’t know which is right because I don’t usually watch CNBC. Clarifications?

7. Git Em SteveDave loves this guy--> says:

8pm on a Tuesday? That puts you up against House Ben. And Hugh Laurie wins w/his british accent. Advantage:House.

8. downwithmonstercable says:

Maybe I just don’t understand the reach of consumerist, but it blows me away Ben’s gonna be on this show, and that he’s been on other shows/radio spots and stuff. Pretty sweet.

9. Trai_Dep says:

Wait. So does this mean that Ben is officially part of the Liberal Media Elite? Ben, did you have to endure hazing rituals involving Chardonnay, soft cheeses and SAT word-association parlor games?
    Come back to Real Americaâ„¢, Ben, come back!

10. SugarMag says:

I saw Ben on the show before – good stuff!
    You sound like you know what you are talking about.

I was excited to recognize his name – woohoo! I know that guy! (sorta, well you know what I mean)

Thanks for the warning. Once OTM moved to 9pm I stopped watching most of the time.