Free Tacos Today At Taco Bell

That “Steal A Base, Steal A Taco” promotion is today, October 28th, from 2pm to 6pm. Get a free beef crunchy taco thanks to Jason Bartlett of the Tampa Bay Rays.

Last time we wrote about this promotion, we suggested you thank Jason personally. This was apparently not the right thing to do, because he’s had to change his phone number.

“I changed over my phone this morning, and I didn’t transfer the numbers yet,” Bartlett said. “I’m getting all these text messages but don’t know who they are yet.”

Asked whether he was being given a hard time by his friends, he said, “No, they’re saying ‘Thank you.’”

Steal A Base, Steal A Taco

Comments

1. pockygt says:

Thanks for reading the comments, even though I got the end time wrong <3

• Baronzemo says:

@pockygt:
      We were falsely accused by the snotty chick on register of already getting our free tacos after waiting 7 minutes in line… the manager was brought to play Kissinger & decided “well, but only this once” while we did ssllooww bbbuurrnnss
      F You Taco Bell, my buddy got them back-he bought his wife’s dinner at Del Taco down the street(NO boiled in the bag or powdered beans there)

2. RandaPanda says:

Yeah for free Tacos!! I’ll just go to the three local ones here in town and get one from each store and get myself lunch. LoL a little bit of driving but well worth the gas, especially since it’s dropped to under $2.

3. gopher646 says:

Ummm… no thanks. A *free* taco from Taco Bell is still a taco from Taco Bell.

4. Canino says:

Is it wrong that I planned my whole day around a free taco?

• Fatty Shcock says:

@Canino: It wouldn’t be wrong if it were a taco from anywhere else, my friend!

• FooSchnickens - Full of SCAR says:

@Canino:

I sure as hell did!

• Corporate-Shill says:

@Canino:

Did you have to drive many miles to get your free taco?

My closest Taco Bell is 3 miles due South of me. The next closest is either 3 miles East of that location or 5 miles West of that location.

I was going to spend my day chasing my free tacos, but why?

5. Anonymous says:

I’m sure Taco Bell assumes that one measly little taco is not going to fill your empty stomach, so they will probably do alright by people emptying their wallets to get the rest of the full meal deal! Super size me!!! lol

6. bsalamon says:

I think the free taco day should be postponed

7. grih says:

I just ate mine

8. Gopher bond says:

Great, 1 puny taco is available for me two hours after I just ate lunch through the exact time I’ll be hungry for dinner. Seems like a scam since I can eat approximately 21 Taco Bell tacos. One lousy taco is hardly worth rolling off the couch.

9. gatewaytoheaven says:

I am driving six miles from where I’ll be today in order to get my free taco.

So help me, there’s nothing stopping me from getting a free taco. Not even absurdly high gas prices.

Or a cute kitty.

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

@gatewaytoheaven: What about a cute kitty selling gas of an absurdly high price? I’d stop for that cute kitty-sized uniform, for sure.

10. SkokieGuy says:

And not a single mention yet Taco Kisses?

[www.southparkstudios.com]

11. graphicwave says:

I love Taco Bell. When I get super rich (haha), I’m going to own several Taco Bell restaurants.

12. azntg says:

Well, I have an unlimited Metrocard, so I made a trip to the Taco Bell in Union Square from the Upper East Side.

Felt tempted to go to the Taco Bell in my neighborhood too, since I also had to briefly stop home anyway. But heavy rain ultimately discouraged that one.

The place in Union Sqaure was definitely busier than usual, with all the high school kids redeeming it as well. I’d imagine that if I go to the Taco Bell in my neighborhood, I might be able to count the number of customers with more than five fingers!

13. lalaland13 says:

I shall have to stop by on my way home. Maybe. Or maybe I’ll just go home and go to sleep. Both options are tempting.

14. RedmondDesomma says:

*sigh* I’ve been wanting to try Taco Bell, and free taco day seemed like a good time to do it. However, the giveaway is at participating Taco Bell locations only; the one near isn’t participating.

• Gopher bond says:

@RedmondDesomma: Are you channeling Mitch Hedberg?

“All McDonalds commercials end the same way: “prices and participation may vary.” I want to open my own McDonalds and not participate in anything. I want to be a stubborn McDonalds owner. “Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti!…And blankets. But we are not affiliated with that clown, he attracts too many children.”

15. TCTH says:

Nothing wrong with Taco Bell really, as long as they don’t try to pass it off as Mexican food, which they did for many years.

16. Meathamper says:

It’s not a MexiMelt…damn it.

17. Ein2015 says:

Between meetings and working to meet my deadline, I had no time before 6pm to pick up a taco. :’(

It would have been AWESOME to grab one at about 6:30pm when I was on my way to the university…

18. DashTheHand says:

What a crappy promotion. The day was delayed so long that tons of people forgot about it, and the 4 hour window just seems so forced so that people are destined to miss out.

19. shoegazer says: