Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are six wonderful photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Title: “Man of concern”
By: Lisa Brewster

Title: “Bank of America Building”
Caption: “Bank of America Building, Atlanta, Oct 2008″
By: idyllopus

Title: “Fireworks Supermarket Aftermath 4″
By: gongus

Caption: “Smoking Kills… Rats”
By: Kevin Dean

Title: “FLUFF”
Caption: “Went shopping in the U.S. and stocked up on essentials.”
By: BILLBINS

Caption: “One of my favorite toys, my Wal-Mart shopping cart.”
By: Little Miss Becca

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Cat_In_A_Hat says:

first!!!

2. Cat_In_A_Hat says:

Now all that cart is missing is a pretend strap on pregnancy belly, a 6 month old baby to put in the front of the cart, and a t-shirt that says “yoga makes me flexible”.

• NightSteel says:

@Cat_In_A_Hat:

Don’t forget sweats that say ‘Juicy’ across the derriere.

• geeky_reader says:

@Cat_In_A_Hat:

Aw, come on. Sure the t-shirt slogan is a dead ringer for a Wal-Mart patron, but is a mother with a kid and 1 on the way now the typical (however unpopular) Wal-Mart shopper? Sigh.

Even though my second kid’s been around for about 2 months now, I guess online shopping is in store for me.

I’m kind of joking but I’m kind of insulted at the same time.

• Cat_In_A_Hat says:

@apronk: i was referring to a certain celebrity who was caught at wal-mart with this t-shirt on, not necessarily the general wal-mart population.

3. Matt says:

FLUFF! Dead rats are icky…

4. ColoradoShark says:

I love the juxtaposition of the Bank of America building with the Fireworks Supermarket Aftermath.

Are you suggesting someone take action to merge the two or is it just a coincidence? Hmmm.

5. bnelson333 says:

Woohoo, she made Consumerist! That WalMart cart picture is my daughter’s. She’s 2.5 and has her own digital camera and actually knows how to use it. Be sure to check out her other pictures. :-)

6. resonanteye says:

that rat is smokin’

7. ohenry says:

I love the lighting in the rat picture. The background looks all mysterious, like “What does this dead smoke sucking rodent hide behind its deceased self? You’ll never know.”

8. Fist-o™ says:

That oven is VINTAGE. I bet it buzzes when the timer goes off. Beeping is generic; Buzzing is classic.