Lifehacker has 10 neat IKEA hacks. That’s right, toss the manual and start making your own cool Scandinavian-infused furniture mods. In particular, I enjoy the tutorials on making an Allen wrench drill bit and embedding scrap bowls into your counter top. I remember reading one time on the IKEA hacker blog about how you could “make” a couch by binding together a series of the same chairs with plastic ties. That was pushing the bounds a bit, but most of these are straight-up useful, especially if you’re a nerd.
More From Consumerist
- Video Game Simulates The Singular Thrill Of Assembling IKEA Furniture
- Someone Made A Table Out Of The Pages Of An IKEA Catalog
- IKEA Releases Catalog Of Furniture That Will Charge Your Phone For You
- Official IKEA “Hack” Kits Will Let You Pretend To Get Creative With Your Furniture
- IKEA To Sell Only LED Lighting Starting September 1