These 12 ideas for converting shipping containers into homes are pretty cool, if not always practical or cheap. Our favorite is the one that’s probably among the most expensive to make, not to mention that added cost of relocating to New Zealand to get the awesome view. Runner up: Ross Steven’s three-story fortress built into a hillside (see page 2).
Make Your Next House A Shipping Container
By cwalters October 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Watkins Sues McCormick Over Pepper, Makes Federal Case Out Of Grocery Shrink Ray
- West Coast Ports Contract Dispute Hurts Self-Employed Truckers
- Stubborn Blue Bell Fan Keeps On Eating Potentially-Contaminated Ice Cream
- TSA: Please Leave Your Ammo-Filled Bibles And Hot Sauce Grenades At Home
- From Bread Crumbs To Worcestershire Sauce: How Long Will All That Stuff In Your Pantry Last?