Antarctic explorers trudge across the icy wastelands, heavily laden with rucksacks, bound together with rope. This is a good metaphor for understanding the credit crisis, and Paddy Hirsch from American Public Media is going to lay it down on you. Oh no! There’s a crevasses. Yay! Here comes Henry Paulson to come save the banks in his helicopter. The money meltdown is definitely much more digestible, and fun, in stick-figure and whiteboard form. Full video inside.
Video: Credit Crisis As Antarctic Expedition
By Ben Popken October 14, 2008
More From Consumerist
- With No Credit Cards Allowed, No Cash In ATMs, No Banks Open, Tourists In Trouble In Greece
- Comcast Begins Devouring Content Creators: Invests $200M In Vox Media
- Student Loans Are The New Robo-Signing Crisis
- Can Churches Provide A Meaningful Alternative To Payday Lending?
- DOJ Sues Quicken Loans Over Improperly Underwritten Mortgages