Saw this site, moneyaisle.com, where banks compete with the best rate to get your business in a high-yield savings account or a CD. Sounded interesting, so I tried it out. I said I had $5k to deposit. The best rate they had was 3.51%. In less time it took for that rate to load, I went to Bankrate.com and found a place – yes, the banks on both sites are FDIC-insured – offering 3.91%, and only requiring a $1000 deposit. FAIL.
Banks Compete For Your Deposit At Moneyaisle.com
By Ben Popken October 8, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Fifth Third Bank Backtracks On Its Pledge To End Payday Loans
- Chase Raising Fees On Some Checking & Savings Accounts In 16 States
- Citizens Bank Must Pay $31.5M In Fines, Refunds For Failing To Credit Full Deposit Amounts
- Wells Fargo Refusing To Honor Widow’s 30-Year-Old CD
- Is A $362 Charge For A 20-Minute Uber Ride Ever Acceptable?