Those of you interested in watching the bailout bill debate in the House can see it streaming on CSPAN, or read a liveblog on the NYT.

Comments

1. pezhore says:

I am sooo not voting for Roy Blunt this election…

On another note, does anyone know of an audio only stream? My connection kind of sucks and I’m losing some of the speeches while it buffers :(

2. Triborough says:

The choice of the screen grab of Charlie Rangel is appropriate, since he is as corrupt as they come and this bill is filled with all sorts of the corruption known as pork.

3. Bladefist says:

I hope they don’t pass this. They added 1.5 billion in pork to a 700 billion dollar bail out that is a complete guess as to how much they need.

They are very audacious. I mean, adding pork to everyday bills, whose going to notice? They are adding pork to an emergency bill, that every American knows about. Now they’re just taunting us.

• theblackdog says:

@Bladefist: What really blows is that the senate attached this to a bill that was going to require health insurance companies to give equal treatment to mental health conditions, so this puts the House between a rock and a hard place.

4. katbur2 says:

I don’t think I can bear to watch

5. If John Kline votes for this, not only am I voting against him in November, but I’m also going to start stealing his newspaper and dumping my leaves on his lawn.

6. flairness says:

The stream is deteriorating faster than the economy.

7. sleze69 says:

Turns out the biggest claim in favor of the bailout, that loans are drying up, is a big lie:

[www.forbes.com]

Looks like Craig Williams is getting my vote for Representative next month…whoever he is.

8. Free as in Rick says:

for all the consumerist readers who are against this bailout, keep in mind that both Obama and McCain are for it, which in my eyes, means they are against ME. all four well-known 3rd party candidates are against this bill. please consider supporting one of them: Barr, Nader, McKinney, or Baldwin.