JetBlue Flight Attendant Offered Nude Pics Of Himself, And Sex, To Passenger

The first thing we thought when we read this article was, at least something is still free on an airplane! Unfortunately, in this case the passenger claims it was unrequested and wouldn’t stop, and the flight attendant, who no longer works for JetBlue, has been arrested “on charges of ‘obscene and indecent exposure’ and ‘for making sexual advances.’” He has yet to enter a plea.

[Update: Some readers were upset that we used a stock photo with a man’s face visible in it, so to help keep the comments on topic, we’ve replaced it with a more anonymous pic. Just FYI if you read the comments and wonder why people are complaining about the man in the photo.]

“Passenger: JetBlue Attendant Sexually Harassed Me” [WCBSTV.com] (Thanks to Jim!)
(Photo: Getty Images)

Comments

1. EmperorOfCanada says:

Sounds like this guy was off his meds.. I mean I know this type of stuff happens, but on an airplane? What was this guy thinking.

2. GiselleBeardchen says:

What–she happened across the only heterosexual male flight attendant in the world and he turned out to be a perv/predator? Sorry, too much of a stretch, not buying it.

• Novaload says:

@GiselleBeardchen: The guy admitted to making the advances and throwing down his cell phone with a naked picture of him on it.
      Nice job blaming the victim and not reading the link.

• sassbrown74 says:

@NovaloadMissesPolar:

I read the link and I was thinking similarly to Giselle. The whole thing is a bit bizarre. As a gay man, the idea of a straight man working as a flight attendant always confuses me. I have a deer in the headlights look on my face right now

• ThickSkinned says:

@NovaloadMissesPolar: You are so right. Shame on Giselle for assuming a male flight attendant must be a homosexual. A gay male flight attendant would be like a gay male choreographer, fashion designer, stripper, or host of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Thank goodness there are people like you around to chastise the ignorant masses.

3. So this flight attendant tries to do right and go the extra mile for a passenger and everyone is up in arms over it.

I guess he figured if the airlines are doing it to us with the fees he would try to join in on the fun as well.

4. Danairyeah says:

I am almost 100% sure if the picture above was the flight attendant that got arrested was a flight attendant for a flight that I was on, on July 17th, 2008

It all began when I was scheduled on a flight from West Palm Beach, FL to Newburgh, NY.

Waiting at the gate for about 30 minutes, then we were told that our flight has been delayed from 7:35PM – 11:55PM due to weather in PBI and SWF. So then they announced that they had to send up a crew from FLL because it would of been too late for the other crew that was scheduled for this flight to be qualified to fly. They brought up a crew from FLL and I am soo sure that this is the guy that was on the flight. He was from FLL and thats where he came from, And it looks exactually like the guy in the picture above!

5. Stoli says:

for making sexual advances

That’s illegal? Doesn’t it have to be “repeated, unwanted sexual advances”?

6. ClickClickThud says:

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME NUTS

Best. Tag. Ever.

7. cccdude says:

I guess hot nuts isn’t just for 1st class anymore…

8. SanandaHarujakian says:

Okay.. how come no other passenger or flight attendant saw this?

And he was saying lewd things to her while she was in the bathroom? wouldn’t that have to be fairly loud to be intelligible.. ie, people would hear her?

9. smartperson says:

Weird situation – quite intimidating (if true) since you’re supposed to obey all flight crew instructions…

10. a_pink_poodle says:

I would have done the guy in the photo.

11. jonworld says:

Reminds me of the Family Guy where Quagmire looses his job as a pilot…

12. BeeBoo says:

Yeah the guy in the photo is cute but it is SO wrong and irresponsible to put his photo on a headline like that, if it were me I would sue.

13. Antediluvian says:

Chris, I love you and your posts, but putting this photo next to that headline is completely irresponsible and inappropriate. And the little disclaimer doesn’t sentence show up on the front page.

Why couldn’t you find a simple picture of a Jet Blue plane? Maybe paste a black censored bar in a provacative manner across the cockpit windows and the landing gear?

You should NEVER put an actual person’s picture next to a headline or a story that’s so inflammatory.

• Antediluvian says:

@Antediluvian: to clarify: you should never put a photo of an actual person WHO’S NOT INVOLVED IN THE STORY next to a story that’s so inflammatory.

And it should read, “disclaimer sentence doesn’t show up.”

14. SanandaHarujakian says:

@Antediluvian: now its a flight attendant pouring some ‘hot coffee.’ Nice reference. :)

15. BeeBoo says:

That’s really a better photo anyway because he the uniform is hot, too.

But the reason to change the photo shouldn’t be because readers complained or to keep the comments on topic but because it’s the right thing to do.

16. GoVegan says:

Something tells me if it was a stewardess hitting on a male passenger it wouldn’t have even been an issue :)

17. catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

the alleged offender here has such an unusual name that i couldn’t resist looking it up.
    i find it intriguing that someone with the same name has this information associated with them

“Owner YTB Travel/Travel Pros
    (Public Company; Airlines/Aviation industry)”

i had never heard of this ‘travel company’ but it seems to be all sorts of pyramid scheme. looks like [if this is the same guy] that karma is biting him in the ass

• Techguy1138 says:

@undefined:
      I used a ytb travel agent before. I wound up with a first rate vacation at a good price.

YTb seems to be a service so that independent people can setup travel agencies. They do the front end work and TYB takes care of the backend connections.

I have a feeling that the experience you get has more to do with the owner than YTB.

• VeiledThreats says:

@catastrophegirl:

A quick search for his full name on myspace gave me his profile too, I’m pretty sure it’s the same guy since it’s an odd name and he does like in NY.

18. CoreyMelampus says:

“She said she has yet to recover. Gina Rousett is still traumatized eight months after she says a JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. to Newark turned into a nightmare.”

I think this lady is full of it and is grossly exagerrating this story. Its not like the guy tried to shove his private parts into her mouth. “Traumatized” Ha! Amazing and despite all this, the rest of the people on this cramped airplane were somehow clueless as to what was happening to her? Why didnt anyone step in if it was so true?

19. thelushie says:

The fact that it wouldn’t stop bothers me. I would be pretty freaked out if some guy just kept at it. Then I would punch him.

20. OprahBabb says:

Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

21. Novaload says:

If you read the link, you’ll see the guy’s name; and that he admitted to the advances and the naked pictures.

• Blitzgal says:

@NovaloadMissesPolar: Exactly. It’s irritating seeing how many people disbelieve her merely because she didn’t come forward immediately. He admitted the details of her statement. The only thing he denies is that his activities were “harassing.” It’s not all that shocking that a harasser thinks he isn’t doing anything wrong.

22. pojken says:

For all you voyeurs, here’s his picture. Not bad looking. :)

[stewardess101.blogspot.com]

Actually, I am wondering about being traumatized for “eight months” after the incident. I guess it can happen, but I’m still kind of doubtful it was that devastating. I’m not saying it is something unsubstantial either – just perhaps an exaggeration.

I guess I’m one of those people that, if a flasher walked by, I’d giggle and walk away. I don’t think I’m insensitive nor hardened, either.

• Zulujines says:

@pojken: I know. I suspect it may be one of those things where she thought it was funny or flattering at the time, but is now pissed off when she thinks about it.

I’ve had guys say creepy stuff to me–a lot, actually, now that I think about it–and I’m definitely still skeeved out by it, but I would hardly call it trauma.

• Blitzgal says:

@pojken: I dunno, I had a peeper sneak into my dorm building and try getting into my shower with me, and it was pretty damned traumatic for awhile. And he didn’t even touch me. When you feel trapped and violated, it can mess with your head. It’s not really fair to judge her based on how YOU would react to something.

23. theysaidwhat says:

He’s a fairly intimidating physical presence. Very built up. That picture supports her story more than it detracts from it.

24. pojken says:

True, he could be intimidating, but in the context of a flight where there are enough passengers as witnesses, I can’t imagine it being that traumatizing.

He had her in an empty row, but there had to be more than a handful of passengers around her and any movements he made had to be subtle enough to not draw attention.

But, I am on the fence with this one. I was once chased by some guy who saw me in a car – followed me home until I pulled into a gas station. It freaked me out, so I can understand feeling trapped. I was upset. Yet, it was also because I was alone in a car on a long stretch of highway.

Perhaps it was also about him being an authority figure and intimidation. I don’t know.

• theysaidwhat says:

@pojken: I think the authority figure aspect of it is real these days. Ever since 9/11, you can be arrested on a plane for just about anything that a flight attendant doesn’t like.

Perhaps this passenger has had issues with anxiety or something in the past that caused her to react in the way she did. Who knows? The flight attendant’s behavior was still way out of line.

• floraposte says:

@pojken: I also think a lot of people are already somewhat claustrophobic when flying, so something that makes them feel additionally trapped is definitely a notable stressor.

25. flyingphotog says:

Because she told nobody else on the aicraft, she may not have a case (if it really happened). She should have told one of the other flight attendands as well as passengers around her. Then she should have called their customer relations the moment she landed.

• DocWha says:

@flyingphotog: This could be a point if it were a situation from which the victim could easily escape. However, there’s also a case to be made for not ruffling feathers while trapped in a cigar tube with an offender, especially an offender whose job gives him a certain degree of authority.

Let’s say she did speak up, and the pervy FA decided to sic an air marshal on her by way of retribution (not knowing if one was on the plane, this could have been a possibility that crossed her mind). Given other cases of ill treatment of passengers at the hands of over-zealous flight crews, she may have decided to wait until she was out of the offender’s area of direct influence on her well-being.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I can’t fault her for waiting.

26. nogas2speed says:

Oh, how I long for the good old days when a flight attendant was a Stewardess.

27. DarkKnightShyamalan says:

Did he accept payment via credit card?

28. johnnya2 says:

I had a similar situation when TWA was still in business. The flight attendant would always come by and ask if I would like some TWA coffee, or some TWA tea.

29. GiselleBeardchen says:

Upon further reflection, this kinda reminds me of Mr. Garrison aggressively and loudly affirming his love of poontang on South Park. So maybe this guy isn’t the only hetero male flight attendant in the world after all.

30. chartrule says:

a stalker with a captive audience ….. doesn’t sound like it was a fun flight