Extended Stay Hotels Must Smell Really Bad

Okay, we got the bathroom humor of Kellog’s All-Bran commercial last year. We’re not sure if this commercial for Extended Stay Hotels, which shows guests so relaxed that they pass gas—or what the French call un petit éclatement—is quite as effective. Maybe they should change the tagline at the end to, “Our windows can be opened.”

I also learned something about myself this morning, which is that I don’t enjoy watching other people fart half as much as I enjoy making up French phrases.

“Extended Stay Makes a Passing Reference” [MSNBC Ads of the Weird]

Comments

1. Sian says:

Christ why does MSNBC’s video player suck so hard?

2. sassbrown74 says:

I don’t know about y’all, but I don’t make that little ass kick move they do in this commercial so it’s totally fake.

3. velvetjones says:

Actually they do. A friend of mine was asked by a hotel chain to work on this. Its not farts, its cooking odor, and it is impossible to take care of.

4. jpdanzig says:

If Sarah Palin as VP candidate wasn’t sufficient evidence, it appears that the end of civilization is REALLY upon us.

I can’t imagine how this commercial could possibly induce someone to stay at this hotel, much less for an extended stay…

5. SacraBos says:

Don’t like this one (or the player, it’s choppy). The All-Bran I hadn’t seen before, but is genius.

6. camille_javal says:

I am amused by scatological humor as much as, if not more than, the next person, but, what the hell? huh?

Also, because I’m incapable of *not* over-analyzing (heh…anal) most television commercials – were the only two women in that commercial a little on the fuller-figured side, while the men ran the spectrum? Is the implication that thin women don’t fart?

7. Sunflower1970 says:

I saw this commercial a few weeks ago during the Colbert Report and haven’t seen it since on TV (although I’ve watched it on Youtube, and sent to everyone I know) It’s hysterical. It made me remember their product, that’s for sure.

8. MikeWas says:

“Extended Stay Hotels: We’ll leave the window open for you.”

9. Jabberkaty says:

All Bran commercial was WAAAAY better.

10. W/o the audio, it wasn’t as good. They could have done it to music, having the non-SBD’s punctuate.

11. lalaland13 says:

Extended Stay: Doing their part to help with the gas shortage in the Southeast.

12. Scoobatz says:

No place makes you feel more comfortable.

Farting is one thing. There’s still no way in hell I’m using the comforter.

13. quail says:

As to the leg lift: Yes, some people do it constantly in order to pass gas. It’s like their cheeks are too heavy to let the gas pass or something and they need the assistance to relieve the pressure. My wife’s side of the family does it constantly. It’s embarrassing. But it could also be a cultural thing. In the southern US I grew up being told it was rude to make a noise or to make motions when farting. Silent but deadly was the name of the game.

As to Extended Stay America, they can keep their hotels. My experience was bad with them. Bugs in their kitchenettes. Carpets that blackened your socks. They’re geared for the out of town construction worker more than they are for the travling businessman.

14. oregongal says:

Ok I can’t be bothered to analyze it cuz I’m LMAO as I type!

15. bbagdan says:

Now why would anyone want to stay in a hotel where farting is encouraged, and fart reek probably coats every surface?

16. CrazyRedd says:

I think polka music would have been more appropriate for this commercial, rather than something opera-y. Perhaps Ren & Stimpy has truly ruined me.