There’s a pretty nasty e. coli outbreak going on in Michigan and Illinois — apparently “industrial” sized bags of lettuce from a Michigan company called “Aunt Mids” have been contaminated. Among those affected were students at Michigan State and the University of Michigan and some inmates at Lenawee County Jail. [Michigan Department Of Community Health & Progressive Grocer] (Thanks, Alex!)
More From Consumerist
- Cucumbers Were Probably Culprits In E. Coli Outbreak At Jimmy John’s
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Recalled Tuna Sickens 62 People In 11 States
- Niagara Bottled Water Recalls Products Under Several Brand Names Due To E. Coli Concerns
- Michigan May Be Latest To Ban Direct Sales Of Teslas
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?