This WaMu Sign Is Incredibly Accurate

Mark writes:

I’m currently a Chase customer, but my brother is WaMu. As he was walking down the street in Brooklyn the other night, he managed to catch this picture.

That’s one smart sign.

Comments

1. summerbee says:

Once, I saw a BIG LOTS sign with the “L” burnt out. “BIGOTS” stared off into the central Pennsylvania night.

This is much better, though.

2. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Y’all are gonna use that photo for any future WaMu posts, aren’t you?

3. jusooho says:

I get it, cause WAS is past tense and also, WaMu is now gone (“past tense”)

hahaha

4. springboks says:

I once saw an ANCHOR BANK sign that read “HOR BANK.” Not as funny or as fitting as this WAMU sign.

5. ThatShortGuy says:

The bank carousel keeps spinning, as Citigroup has purchased Wachovia…Wachovia’s stocks are down to $.91 after pre-market trading:

Article via Yahoo.

6. Jevia says:

I guess that credit card solicitation I got in the mail from Wamu on Saturday doesn’t mean a whole hell of a lot now, eh?

7. Chols says:

I have a WaMu card now, I guess I’ll have to accept my new Chase card. I knew I couldn’t dodge all those pre-approved letters for long…

8. MoogleLally says:

I was preapproved for a WaMu credit card last week! It was AWESOME. 0% APR until March 2010, unlimited cash back savings… But the preapproval expired September 22nd… Sad. *sigh*

9. azntg says:

I already miss WaMu. WaMu gave me my very first checking, savings and credit card accounts. In my case, they’ve done no wrong to me (and I think they’ll probably be the only major bank that’ll leave with that distinction in my books)

I don’t think Chase will do WaMu much justice.

10. SalmaDamrit says:

Not as funny but I’ve seen SEARS turn into SCARS and DENNY’S turn into DENY

11. Meathamper says:

I’m already a Chase user, but I honestly thing that Chase will probably improve WaMu. The bailout is bad enough, so I hope that private companies won’t buy out companies as piss us off, creating a cartel or something

12. PhilipNipperkin says:

I’m sad to see WAMU go, as they generally treated me well as a customer. Plus their ad department had a sense of humor; they ran an ad in today’s (2008/09/30) Oregonian which said “We love Chase. And not just because they have a trillion dollars.”