The Treasury Department showed off four sexy new designs for the back of the penny, a facelift to commemorate the 2009 bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln’s birth. One image shows Lincoln’s log cabin, one of him taking a break from splitting rails to read a book, one of them with the Capitol mid-construction, and the last of him gesturing towards the state capitol building in Springfield, Illinois! Yeah. Pennies. In the middle of the financial implosion, we’re worrying about what the pennies look like.
Four New Penny Designs Unveiled!
By Ben Popken September 24, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Local Official Thinks It’s Uncool To Pay $25 Parking Ticket In Pennies, But Affirms Man’s Right To Do So
- Man Finds His Missing Log Cabin 3,750 Feet From Where He Last Saw It
- U.S. Approves Licenses For Ferry Services Between Florida And Cuba
- Four Alaska Airlines Crew Members Sue Boeing Over Toxic Fumes That Leaked During 2013 Flight
- Ford Resurrecting The Lincoln Continental