Warner Brothers forgot to include the advertised iPod-compatible digital file on its Blu-ray copy of “Speed Racer.” It’s now offering an online trade, where owners of the disc can exchange their PlaysForSure authorization code for an iTunes store redemption code. (When filling out the form, for “Support Request Type” select “Authorization Code and Licenses”.) [warnerbros] (Thanks to Sabler!)

Comments

1. Trai_Dep says:

Wasn’t PlaysForSure the DRM scheme that Microsoft retired, leaving thousands of customers who relied on it stranded, high and dry? That is, the DRM poster boy of the worst that can happen (besides trying to view a movie on Zune, that is)?
    Odd initial choice…

• GearheadGeek says:

@Trai_Dep: They didn’t retire PlaysForSure itself, they retired the MSN Music Store that was based on PlaysForSure and inexplicably set up the Zune Marketplace as a different DRM system. I guess they wanted to prevent 3rd-party PlaysForSure providers from selling directly to Zune buyers? Just to make it more confusing, they’re going to rebrand PlaysForSure as “Certified for Windows Vista” (because I guess this helps them illustrate the potential OS-independence of the original PlaysForSure propaganda, right?

• FreemanB says:

@Trai_Dep: PlaysForSure is still around, they just changed the name to “Certified for Windows Vista” or something like that.

2. Just thinking of watching that movie in an iPod nano gives me a headache.

3. howie_in_az says:

Important Note: the movie was crappy regardless of the format it comes packaged in.

4. arras says:

I’m sure the 6 people that bought speed racer will be very happy about this

5. Furiursa says:

I loved the movie, but even I have to say watching it on an iPod would be insane :D