Reach Blizzard Entertainment Executives

If you have a problem with Blizzard Entertainment, makers of World of Warcraft, among other diversions, and contacting regular customer doesn’t help, try some of the contact info inside…

wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com

Company email address format: firstletteroffirstnamelastname@blizzard.com
firstname.lastname@blizzard.com

Irvine, CA 92606
Phone: 949-955-1382

E-mail Form: http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform-us.xml?gameId=11
Billing and Account Services Phone line:
North America – 1 (800) 592 5499
Australia – 1 800-041-37

Call 1-(949)-955-1380, option3, type in the first 3 letters of the person’s first name.

(Photo: Plankton 4:20)

Comments

1. mbordenkircher says:
  2. chumleyex says:

FTH!!!

3. Half Beast says:

I didn’t get the drops I was wanting on my last Kara run.
    Someone’s gettin’ EECB’d…

4. antisan says:

And if anyone is curious, the man who writes the lore is Chris Metzen. He’s the one I would pout at when the plot goes odd (as it often does).

5. icingsugar says:

Who do I contact about getting my boyfriend back from the game? He’s been doing battlegrounds for something like four years now….

6. goodpete says:

Oh, man… you have opened a can of worms with this one. Have you MET the people on the WoW forums? If they do so much as a global restart (equaling about 5 minutes of downtime), people spend that 5 minutes on the forums CAPS-ing about how they’re going to cancel their account and sue Blizzard.

These poor execs are going to be inundated with emails every time any realm is down for any measurable length of time.

I would highly doubt these addresses will be of any use to anyone once the vast hordes (no pun intended) of teenage WoW players get their mitts on these addresses.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a level 70 Night Elf Druid. I’ve played my fair share of WoW. I’m also kind of annoyed when I get on for the first time in 2 weeks and the realm is down. But when that happens, I get up and do something else. I don’t send an EECB. Which is, I’m sure, what is going to start happening any minute now. :-)

I guess what I’m saying is that if you’re reading this and you’re planning to send an EECB about the fact your realm restarted in the middle of a Kara raid… Get over it. Go outside. Don’t ruin this communications channel for everyone… Please?

• l951b951 says:

@plamoni: Seconded. There is much QQ in the forums; I feel sorry for the executive’s email boxes now.

In all honesty, I don’t know anyone (I play with adults) that has ever had a legitimate problem not be solved by the in game Game Masters, or Customer Service Reps. The only real issue with the in game system is time, when you have a portion of the millions of players petitioning GMs with stupid issues, sometimes the wait times are hours. However, if your complaint is warranted (and well written) the GMs will fix the problem even if you’re logged off.

I’m certain there are some situations where an EECB will be warranted, but I think Blizzard has an amazing CS team.

• FaustianSlip says:

@l951b951: Most of these e-mails assume that people actually manage to *play* said game. I’ve been cooling my heels for days now waiting for their insanely large patches to finish downloading (at positively glacial speed). At the moment, I’m wondering what I was thinking, giving this company my money when they can’t even be bothered to come up with some kind of patching solution that would allow new players to get started in less than a few *days* of purchasing the game.

And incidentally, to ask questions on the WoW forums, you have to have a character. To have a character, you have to be able to access the game. To access the game, you have to download gigs of patches. I somehow doubt they’d be cool with me saying, “Oh, sure, I’ll give you your fifteen bucks a month. I’ll be mailing it to you one penny a day.” But that’s basically what they’re doing to customers who’ve bought the software, paid the monthly access fee and are currently sitting on their collective toches waiting for eighty-seven different patches to load.

• Geblah187 says:

@plamoni: While I agree with your post, I feel I must point out that a plea for sanity is a bit optimistic considering the target audience. I share your wishes, though!

To be honest, in the few times i’ve ever had any sort of problem in WoW – the GM staff and Blizzard as a company have always been able to help. It’s why I continue to play their game and pay my membership fee every month.

• DorsalRootGanglion says:

@plamoni: I am one level away from my fourth level 70 (elemental shaman)and five levels away from my fifth (afflication warlock). I’ve raided up to Brutallas in Sunwell, played in the original open Beta and in both TBC and WoTLK betas. Just a bit of background.

Most people will relentlessly abuse these addresses to address things that the executives simply cannot do anything about: broken class balances, poor drop rate on loot, dungeons that are too easy or too hard, and so on. These are solidly in the realm of the developers and creative directors. And unfortunately, the forums and in-game feedback are the best way for those changes to happen. If I thought emailing the president of Blizzard would institute a better token system for loot, I’d send him a Gmail invite.

On the other side, these are useful addresses for dealing with legitimate problems that are beyond developer control. The relentless spam of gold sellers from sites that are currently in operation in spite of Blizzard’s lawsuits against their ilk. The complete consumer disaster that was the Blizzcon ticket sales. The lack of legitimately local-hosted Australian servers.

But probably the community will make a complete mess out of these things. And if I go another week without my T6 BP, I may join in. :P

• attackgypsy says:

@plamoni:

Yeah, they do. And I feel sorry for them.

I will give them this, they announce downtimes usually with plenty of warning, generally 12-24 hours, and server maintainance is almost always on the same day (Early Tuesday morning).

7. unnes says:

YMMV, but I’ve always had good success contacting Blizz — I’ve had every issue I’ve had taken care of promptly by GMs in-game, so I’ve never even considered escalating an issue to EECB level.

8. VeritasNoir says:

I agree with many of the comments above. Blizzard has always been very helpful with in-game GMs handling matters. I would hesitate to EECB a company that has always given me such great customer service.

9. Trai_Dep says:

I’m not sure this is fair. Blizzard delivers one of the highest-quality products on the planet. In fact, they’ve made it a running Industry joke that, rather than shipping to maximize revenue, they’ll ship the damn thing when it’s done. Period.
    It’d be a better world if more companies followed Blizzard’s lead here.

Seriously. When has Blizzard ever appeared on Consumerist b/c of crappy products, service or policies? Besides 311ite doods not leveling as fast as they’d like, which CS issues does Consumerist anticipate coming up that an EECB will help?

So, publishing the exec contacts exposes them for… Cheap kicks? Because you can?

If ever a Consumerist story should be rescinded, this one is it.

PS: DIII, ftw!!

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

@Trai_Dep: Because maybe their customers are so engulfed in the game they don’t care as long as they get their drops?

• Mary says:

@Trai_Dep: Agreed with everything. I’ve never had an issue with Blizzard.

Also, these poor people are now going to have inboxes full of complaints about classes in Diablo III and other such nonsense that I’d rather they not have to deal with so they can concentrate on delivering great games.

10. realserendipity says:

@icingsugar
    I got my finacee back by joining and playing with him. I make explain where to find things and we have something we can do together. Now he plays when Im online and he doesnt feel the ned to play so much.

11. fisherstudios says:

I can see it now…

Dear Blizzard Entertainment,

Your game has ruined my life. My best friend died in an Internet Cafe playing too much wow. My girlfriend left me for my guild master. And what the hell is up with Rogues? They’re so OP! Please nerf.

Sincerely,
    xxVegetaxx

12. Osi says:

The WOW, AoC, and WAR communities are pretty much the same. The majority are mentally unstable 12- year olds … Many of them are 30+ years old, but their mind is not ready for the real world …

The sad part is. With the 4+ billion dollars yearly pure profit Blizzard is making, they skimp out on enforcing their in-game and community rules. They are not the only one, all three companies are that greedy.

If they actually enforced their rules/tos/aup, the games would be a better place. But .. just like real life .. its all about greed.

13. dahlink_natasha says:

@ Jinx: I would love to see any proof you have to back up your statement, unless you’re just enforcing a stereotype.

14. ryatziv says:

Agreed with the comments above. No reason to post this article – will just hurt a decent company. -1 Consumerist.

15. mindjudo says:

I’ve played these things on and off for years. Blizzard, while not perfect, is actually really good about downtime etc.

The Anti-Blizzard would be Turbine and their (mis)management of Dungeons and Dragons online. A bigger group of people in need of lessons in customer support and image management I have never seen.

Having said that, the email addresses are fair game. Someone, somewhere will have a legitimate beef that a GM can’t or won’t address and so the buck will have to stop somewhere else.

16. spazztastic says:

Star Wars Galaxies.

• NikkiSweet says:

@spazztastic: +1

SOE makes babies cry.

I must be the only person in the world to have ever had a problem with Blizz CS… I was “hacked” thanks to a GeekSquad technician putting a keylogger on the account I share with my younger brother (my account, but he’s 11 and my mom won’t buy him his own account until he’s “old enough”)… the Blizz CS guy I got told me that my account had been flagged for buying and selling gold. I explained that that couldn’t have been possible, but that I knew how the person got my login/password, gave the CS guy the persons email and real name, and even offered to fax in the letters I got from GeekSquad from the guy’s manager admitting that he had been fired for doing this crap… nope, I’m automatically a gold farmer because I got hacked. 4 level 70’s… I had beta’d the original and BC… I had never had so much as a complaint against any of my toons filed… but all the sudden I’m a danger to the WoW community because I’m a gold farmer, and my account was locked and deleted.

To me, that seems a tad bit extreme… especially since I know that they can do things like checking the ip’s of the login attempts.

17. BurntToast says:

The physical address information is wrong. The new Blizzard building is the former Broadcom building in Irvine, not Huntington Beach.

• kadaan says:

@BurntToast: Yeah, it’s somewhere on Alton near the spectrum.

All of the contact information here is easily available on their website (except the street address, which is wrong,) I’m not sure why the Consumerist even needed to make a post about this.

18. RecordStoreToughGuy_RidesTheWarpOfSpaceIntoTheWombOfNight says:

Za? I didn’t think Blizzard was known for bad anything, be it products or customer service. In fact, I think the fact that their products are so solid makes it easy for them to provide stellar Customer Service, since it seems there are fewer things to go wrong. I’ve spoken to GMs twice; once regarding some buggy murlocs that could move through walls, and once one contacted me after I reported a gold selling spammer. Both times they were friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful.

I was impressed that one contacted me for the spammer actually.

So, yeah, I don’t really see what this will accomplish other than making it easier for forum griefers to flame these guys when they do a realm reset.

19. Green Goth Brit Chick - AlternatEve says:

Using this to EECB about the lack of EU English Collectors Edition Wrath boxes (and when I say lack, I mean, NO ONE has – or had – any and its out in about a month) would be bad, right?

20. ks0100 says:

I agree with the previous posters about the concerns of spamming corporate executives. However, it has been my experience in the several years that I have played World of Warcraft, that Blizzard’s concept of “customer service” and it’s attitude towards their customer has degraded exponentially with the addition of each new million subscribers.

I also believe that each person has their own experience when interacting with a person or an organization. But don’t take my word for it, you be the judge.

Here is a recent e-mail received from Blizzard’s GM staff after I submitted an in-game petition for assistance and logged off after receiving no response:

—–Original Message—–
    From: donotreply@blizzard.com
    Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:39 PM
    Subject: Blizzard Entertainment – World of Warcraft

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.

Petition:
    I’m not able to accept the 3 AB badges that were mailed to me because it says I have too many of that item. However, I only have 97 AB tokens.

What should I do?

Answer:
    You should do what ever you feel should be done.

Should you require further assistance, please submit another help request the next time you are online. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

For any game play questions, please refer to our site at [www.blizzard.com]

*** Please do not respond to this email as all conversations on this matter would be best handled online. ***

Regards
    Aslaryuan
    Game Master
    Blizzard Entertainment

• FaustianSlip says:

@ks0100: Nice! Personally, I’m planning on drafting a nice e-mail about the idiocy of expecting new customers to download literally *gigabytes* of patches before they can so much as create a character. Plus, if you want to hop on the forums and try to get help or advice, you’re done before you start, since you can’t log in without actually having a WoW character set up. Which you can’t do without playing the game. Which you can’t do without downloading… wait for it… the patches.

The idea that the total size of these patches is upwards of three gigs and there’s no option to get them on a CD (heck, I’d even pay a few bucks to cover shipping and the cost of the CD/DVD-ROM), plus no phone number readily available just blows my mind. They make it plenty easy for you to give them your money, but beyond that, forget it.

I keep hearing about Blizzard’s allegedly fab customer service, but so far, I haven’t seen much to back that reputation up. And for the record, I’ve played various other games online (Mythos, Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six, et cetera), many of which had patches and *none* of which were as horrible to download and install as WoW has been.