Forget the sub-prime meltdown and get with the subterranean housing craze. This book – linked in one of Chris’s posts but I just had to bring it to the front page – has everything you need to know about building a house underground. The most amazing thing is that there’s ways to do it to get light from all four sides. The penultimate amazing thing is not being buried alive while you sleep.
Live Underground For Cheap
By Ben Popken September 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- New Jersey Mayors “Concerned” That Verizon FiOS Buildout Seems To Be Skipping The Low-Income Areas
- Amazon Celebrates 20th Birthday By Creating A New Holiday For You To Buy Things
- Amazon Exec: Prime Air Drones Will Be “More Like Horses Than Cars”
- Could Amazon & Penguin Random House Be Headed For A Hachette-Level Feud?
- Amazon Introducing The Dash Button, A Branded Gadget That Reorders Household Products With A Push