Forget the sub-prime meltdown and get with the subterranean housing craze. This book – linked in one of Chris’s posts but I just had to bring it to the front page – has everything you need to know about building a house underground. The most amazing thing is that there’s ways to do it to get light from all four sides. The penultimate amazing thing is not being buried alive while you sleep.
Live Underground For Cheap
By Ben Popken September 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- New Jersey Mayors “Concerned” That Verizon FiOS Buildout Seems To Be Skipping The Low-Income Areas
- Amazon Dips Toes Into Ultra HD Streaming Waters
- Watch Unhappy Little Caesars Customer Throw Register, Display Case At Employee
- Amazon Lets Third-Party Merchants Limit Where They’ll Ship Prime Items For Free
- Could Amazon & Penguin Random House Be Headed For A Hachette-Level Feud?