How To Reach Someone At CVS

An anonymous tipster sent us the following information today on how to reach the executive level at CVS. Remember, don’t use this to be a jerk to anyone—use it when you have a valid complaint that you can’t get resolved through the recommended paths.

Here is some information you might find handy.

Call 401-765-1500 and press #

This will get you into the Company phone directory. All you have to do is say the name of the person you want to call…including the CEO (Tom Ryan). You wont get him, he has 2 dedicated secretaries, but it will get things moving along.

Also, if the people being “nasty” are pharmacists or in-training, the worst they will get is a slap on the hand. There is a lack of pharmacists in the country right now so no-one will get fired.

The most customer service can authorize is a $25 gift card. That is hard-coded into the system. The only person that can go over that limit is the District manager. You can usually find their name on the main store door (should list the manager and DM).

If you need a list of CVS executives to navigate the directory, check here.

Comments

1. DarrenO says:

Is there a reason the last CVS story disappeared when this one showed up?

2. golfinggiraffe says:

It probably disappeared because people got out of hand. It is still linked to from this post though. In case it disappears, here it is:

[consumerist.com]

And in case the *page* disappears, here’s a Coral Cache of it. Apparently robots have been disabled at Consumerist, so no Google/Yahoo Cache:

[consumerist.com.nyud.net]

3. golfinggiraffe says:

So actually, this does make me wonder about how often articles disappear from the site, especially since without Google Cache and the like there isn’t any proof.

(Apologies for the double post)

4. golfinggiraffe says:

Looks like commenting got disabled on that page.

(Last post for me on this page…sorry everybody.)

5. wynterbourne says:

One of the best contacts to get an issue resolved is Michael Thornton. He’s a former Customer Service Manager from the Caremark PBM side of the business that’s taken a position as the Director of Customer Relations for the CVS retail chain.

6. AmityCurry says:

I agree, as a CVS Caremark employee, that pharmacists are ‘coddled’ because
    they are just so freaking hard to come by.

My counsel would be to contact the district manager, as noted by others, or
    call the number and get in touch with Mr. Ryan’s secretaries (and let’s face
    it, secretaries are VERY powerful), and objectively document everything in
    your exchange. My partner successfully got a pharmacist officially
    reprimanded in this fashion.

Of course, your experience will vary from district to district. The
    executives are KEENLY interested in knowing about associates giving the
    company a bad name.

7. lamarrn says:

Geesh, talk about a boy’s club.

8. Wormfather is Wormfather says:

use it when you have a valid complaint that you can’t get resolved through the recommended paths.…like when an employee calls you a “Fucking AIDS freak”?

9. tspack says:

I’m new to using CVS since I just moved to Washington, DC, and if CVS was available where I lived before, they were well hidden. However, they’re all over the place here, so I’ve been using them. So far, though, I haven’t been impressed with their pharmacy:

[www.orangehoodie.com]

10. ElizabethD says:

401 — that’s my area code. CVS is a big playa in its little home state.