Verizon Junk Mail Advertises Phone Sex Hotline

The phone number in this Verizon mailer connects to “an exciting new way to go live with hot horny girls.” Can you hear me now, big boy?

Thanks to Jon!)

Comments

1. Oh man … what can you do except point and laugh!

What a perfect way to start my day as I sip (read “drink as fast as I can”) my hot coffee

Thanks for the morning chuckle!

2. homerjay says:

Wait… Didn’t this happen once before???

3. ViperBorg says:

Does Verizon have stock in the phone sex trade now or something?

Yes, 20% off accessories for your phone sex line needs.

4. KivaWolf says:

Deja Vu for Verizon…

5. WarOtter - I went to Japan and all I got was this tumor. says:

Well I’d much rather deal with the phone sex gals for a premium charge than the standard VZW zombie on the other end.

“Okay stud, lets break out your huge phone and put it your hand, then dial *228 to update it. Oh baby, your triple bars make me SO hot!”

6. Tank says:

Verizon is prolly collecting $2.99 a minute, with no way to dispute the charges.

7. Jabberkaty says:

Jeez, and here I though the big V would only change other people’s lines to sex lines. At least they’re all inclusive.

I bet the customer service is WAY better with this number.

8. Ninjanice says:

I used to work for a wireless phone retailer aboutT 10 years ago. Our corporate number was an 888 number, but if you called 800, it was a sex line. We had a couple of people come back and complain about this- even though they were the ones who couldn’t dial the correct number. I wnder how many people were pleasantly surprised…

9. pb5000 says:

I had this happen with AT&T Wireless (the old AT&T, before the Cingular buy-switch) when I called to add a corporate discount to my account. They said they were going to transfer me and just to be on the safe side they gave me the number they were transferring me to… Phone sex both with the original transfer and when I called the number myself. This however was back when AT&T could get things done and they guys in the store laughed about it and quickly added my discount code.

10. TheStonepedo says:

The phone number on nickel-cadmium batteries included with Sony Minidisc players (I know I’m dating myself with that one) had the same issue. “Don’t throw away the battery, call (###) ###-#### to locate a recycling center near you”. The phone-smut business clearly has what it takes to stay alive, while recyclers of a previous albeit significant generation of battery technology are going belly-up.

• jamar0303 says:

@TheStonepedo: Dating yourself? I still use Minidisc (actually Hi-MD now), as do a good portion of the people where I live. But then again, I guess it’s different when Japan is a stone’s throw away rather than a whole ocean away.

11. temporaryerror says:

There was a blurb on the radio today about the phone number that the USPS gives to order the new duck stamps. Apparently it’s a live chat sex line.

12. coren says:

I tried to call them to tell Verizon the number was wrong but I couldn’t get through, I got some sex line instead..

13. This is very common. It is similar to the internet stalkers who register every common misspelling of popular domain names, to steal the traffic when someone mistypes the address by a letter, or juxtaposes two letters…

In the same light, many phone-sex companies will find legitimate numbers, and snatch up the same numbers in other area codes.

In other words, if Verizon had 1-800-555-1234 for their customer service line, the phone sex company would snatch up 1-888-555-1234, 1-866-555-1234, and 1-877-555-1234

They also snatch up lines that are close but easily misdialed (1-800-555-1233, using the above example, to get the people who hit the “3” twice by mistake)

What I don’t understand is how they can get any business this way. I don’t see the thought process..

“Hmmm, I was trying to call Verizon to disute this charge on my bill, but since I have a sex-phone anyway, why not whip out my, er, ah, credit card?”

14. AlphaTeam says:

Just called. A lot better than calling Verizon CSR.

15. NilzXX says:

Lol, the number is still up and running ;) Now that is embarrassing for Verizon.