Obama just gave his acceptance speech to become the Democratic candidate for the next President of the United States of America. Here’s what was in it for consumers, he promised to:
- Cut taxes for working families and the middle class.
- Get rid of capital gains tax for small-businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Some kind of rollback on the changes in bankruptcy law in ’05 that made it harder for people to declare personal bankruptcy.
- Get rid of unproductive tax loopholes that only benefit corporations.
- Lower health insurance premiums for all.
- Insure the uninsured with the same level of coverage Congress gives itself
- Reduce dependence on foreign oil in 10 years.
- $150 billion for renewable energy solutions and next-generation biofuels
- More sick days and paid time off.
He said these will be paid for not by raising taxes, but by getting rid of corporate tax beaks and loopholes, and eliminating ineffective line items in the federal budget as well as making other items more efficient.
What do you think? Can he deliver?