Gmail recently rolled out a change to its settings, where now you can permanently turn on SSL encryption. Do it now—your personal data will thank you for it. Besides, it’s going to get a lot easier to hack Gmail sessions very soon, because some guy is planning on releasing a hacking tool to the public in order to force Google to implement better security. [monkey_bites]
By cwalters August 21, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Google Wants To Use Your E-Mail Address To Provide Targeted Advertising
- What Is The FREAK Flaw And How Much Should I, Well, Freak Out About It?
- Google Launches New Tool To Protect Consumers’ Password Security
- Facebook, Firefox Want Adobe To Just Kill Flash Already After More Security Exploits Found
- What It’s Like To Be Inside A Car When Hackers Take Control From Miles Away