As of August 5th, Alaska Airlines no longer accepts cash on its flights. In their words, welcome to “the convenience of a cashless cabin. Passengers will no longer need to hunt for cash to pay for on board purchases.” Finally! All that cash flitting around the cabin hurting people is a thing of the past. [Personal Finance Weblog]
By cwalters August 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- JetBlue Becomes First Airline To Accept Apple Pay For In-Flight Purchases
- Four Alaska Airlines Crew Members Sue Boeing Over Toxic Fumes That Leaked During 2013 Flight
- United Passenger Sues Airline, Says She Was Arrested For Changing Seats
- Alaska Airlines Employee Buys Ticket For Stranded Delta Passenger
- Would You Pay More To Get Off The Plane Before Everyone Else?