Morning Deals

• Iams: Free Iams Premium Protection Dog or Cat Food if you give them your address
  • Iomega: 3.5″ External USB 2.0 Hard Drive shipped for $55.66(250 GB) Or $64.16 (320 GB)
  • Newegg: Sennheiser CX300B 3.5mm Connector Canal Headphone (Black) $10 after rebates

Highlights From Dealhack

• Sierra Trading Post: Extra 10% off Clothing, Footwear, & Gear
  • Amazon: Summer Sale: 25% or More off Kitchen Small Appliances
  • Dell Home: Save 20% to 30% off Inspiron Notebook PCs

Highlights From Bargainist

• Torrid: $10 off select Birkenstock
  • Toys “R” Us: BOGO $20 off all Wii games
  • PayPal: Back to school savings @ Foot Locker, Guess, Tiger Direct, more

Comments

1. You have to mail in your old headphones for that Newegg.com deal. I guess it’s OK if you have some dead ones floating around to spare.

2. RhymePhile says:

Coupon code for the Iomega hard drive: use “software15″ for the promotional code to get 15% off.

3. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

That coupon code worked for me also. Which helped since I got charged tax.

4. RhymePhile says:

Actually the 320G drive is $64.95 and the 250G is $54.95, not including shipping. Add tax too. But using the coupon code saves you around $9.

5. Marshfield says:

Thanks for the IAMS tip. I have 6 cats and can always use more cat food. Too bad their store-locator-by zip is broken. It missed two stores close to me, and added one 2000 miles away! I’m in ZIP 98005, Washington state, and it didn’t even add the Target store that’s less than a half mile from my home.

What’s up with the Price Chopper in Connecticut?

6. snoop-blog says:

Can I share a deal I got recently (despite it not being online)? At my local Big Lots (aka Odd Lots) I found wireless optical mouse’s (mice?) for only 13 and it’s been working great! it actually weighs less than others I’ve seen.

7. snoop-blog says:

should have put a dollar sign in front of 13, sorry.

8. chiieddy says:

Be aware if you’re getting the IAMS cat food (I don’t know about dogs), but randomly replacing the kind of food your cat eats could upset their stomach. The recommended approach is to mix new food in with old for a time and then gradually switch to the new.

9. JulesNoctambule says:

Three cheers for free pet food! Our local rescue groups are always grateful for donations of food so I try to keep an eye out for coupons and promotions like this.

10. Diet-Orange-Soda says:

@chiieddy: I’ve heard the same for dogs. I don’t think it’s a good idea to switch dog/cat food for a month to save a couple bucks.

11. Marshfield says:

@chiieddy:

mix new food in with old for a time

Good idea. We have two bowls in the kitchen, I’ll give each one it’s own bowl. Chances are it’ll be the only Iams they get, its pretty expensive, and they seem to like Friskies well enough.

12. @chiieddy: Can you explain that to my cats? They seem to have no problem eating the dogs food, my food, plants, bugs, furniture, papers, etc… I know it sounds bad, but I sometimes wish they WOULD get sick, just so they would develop some kind of aversion.

13. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

@Git Em SteveDave is a…: Hey, be careful. The “eat everything that isn’t nailed down” behavior you describe is one way I can tell that my cats are sick or that they’re getting a bad bag of food. When they get good, nutritious food, they slow way down and don’t bother the plants or eat crap. Except for bugs, which are open season no matter what I do.

14. chiieddy says:

@speedwell: Personally, I like that my cats go after bugs. It means I don’t have to.

Bugs are icky. :-)