Morning Deals

• Amazon: Cell Phone Flask for $13.95
  • Woot: The woot-off continues apace.
  • Amazon: 25-65% off Nine West Element 9 Large Shopper bags
  • BlogWorldExpo: 20% off with coupon code CONSMRVIP

Highlights From Dealhack

• OfficeMax: Soyo 20-inch WS Dual Input LCD $150 Shipped
  • Carbonite: Unlimited Online Data Backup & Free 15 Day Trial
  • Amazon: Save 50% or More off Sports & Outdoor Gear

Highlights From Bargainist

Comments

1. Can I put Drank in the cell phone flask?

2. SecureLocation says:

Um, that cell phone flask looks like one of those fake kiddie cell phones you buy at the dollar store. Wouldn’t fool Stevie Wonder with that one.

3. sn1per420 says:

If you have a MovieWatcher card, you get a free small popcorn on Wednesdays without having to buy a drink. If I want a soda, I bring my own.

4. hellinmyeyes says:

@sn1per420:

I feel dumb; I didn’t know about this Wednesday thing, and I’ve been going there for years. I refuse to go on the weekends anymore since the ticket prices are insane, so this might just lure me out on a couple Wednesdays.

5. TracyHamandEggs says:

@hellinmyeyes: At least in my neck of the woods its only $5 for tickets on Friday, Saturday and Sunday before noon (and holidays) at the AMC compared to 9something regular price. Catch an 1130 showing and you still have your whole afternoon…

6. Farquar says:

Someone elighten me? What makes a “woot-off” a woot-off?

7. blackholeinacan says:

@Farquar: In case you didn’t know, Woot is basically a deal-a-day site, where you can get one item for pretty cheap each day. When they sell out, it just says “sold out,” and you have to wait for the next day, since it normally resets each day. However, during a woot-off, there’s usually a smaller quantity of the item available, and when they sell out, a new item goes up for sale. So if you see something you want, you have to grab it quickly, before it sells out, and if you see something that you don’t like, you can just wait until it sells out, and there’ll be something new up. That’s the basic gist of it.

8. Farquar says:

@blackholeinacan:

Woot!

Thanks.

9. hellinmyeyes says:

@Farquar:

Plus, it’s usually a good opportunity to snag a bag of crap or three.

10. hellinmyeyes says:

@TracyHamandEggs9 is the bitchiest banana:

Cool, I thought they did away with the morning matinees there. I’ll check that out, too!

11. TVarmy says:

My boss uses Carbonite. It’s not bad, but it should be noted that it doesn’t work with external drives or network drives, as that’s how the program tries to get you to buy a second license. I work around it with Synctoy, but it’s inelegant, and it means that part of my boss’s main hard drive has to hold a copy of data he already has on another computer. I hear Mozy is more flexible than Carbonite in terms of external and network drives, but I could be wrong.

I do not work for either company, nor have I received any compensation from either of them. I work at a financial planning firm as a system administrator/administrative assistant.