According to legends we’ve heard, it’s possible to find a job by searching online. Flimflammers are also looking for you, looking to defraud job seekers. The BBB has 7 red flags to should watch out for that could indicate that job opportunity is just a scam.
1. Employer e-mails are rife with grammatical and spelling errors
2. E-mails purporting to be from job posting Web sites claiming there’s a problem with a job hunter’s account
3. An employer asks for extensive personal information such as social security or bank account numbers
4. An employer offers the opportunity to become rich without leaving home
5. An employer asks for money upfront
6. The salary and benefits offered seem too-good-to-be-true
7. The job requires the employee to wire money through Western Union or MoneyGram
Most of these are common sense, yet, somehow, they still keep working on people desperate for work.