Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Caption: “Drinking a coke (finally finished staining the deck today, thus the “dirty” hands)”
By: yoshiffles

Caption: “This photo was taken by a buddy after we had just gotten done going to a few thrifts. I was worn out.”
By: Thrift Store Addict

By: thoughtfix

Caption: “Sleeping Car attendant Tom helping a traveler with her luggage.”
By: Madbuster75

Title: “Excalibur Casino”
By: Madbuster75

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. 4th picture: “Is that your bag?”

or

“That bag is to big to bring on here”

2. snoop-blog says:

I love Las Vegas!!!!!!

3. RBecho says:

The Chase pic is full of fail. I love it.

4. theblackdog says:

With all that orange, how will that guy be able to tell if his living room is on fire?

5. snoop-blog says:

I love coke in a can, but MacDonalds by far has thee best fountain coke. I heard somewhere that coke makes a special recipe just for MacDonalds, and they make it fresh for them. I could see it.

btw, It’s now MacDonalds… yeah I didn’t know either till I went to the drive thru the other night and the girl was like “Welcome to MacDonalds can I take you order?”…

6. Okaasan says:

I’ve got that same comforter on my couch. It’s about 30 years old and it’s still in great shape and keeping us warm in the winter.

Is the Chase sign falling off the building or is it letting go on one end?

The casino picture is great – full of light and color – and I can almost hear the machines spinning and the coins dropping.

Thanks for the wonderful eye candy!

7. DrGirlfriend says:

@snoop-blog: I’m not the only one who thinks that?! I’ve always thought that there’s something about McDonald’s fountain Coke that is clearly superior, but no one I’ve talked to has noticed that before.

That casino picture is awesome. I can hear the machine noises in my head just looking at it.

8. desertdust says:

Looks like the thrift store guru is stuck in the 70′s. Either the flaming orange or the puke green. Can’t tell but I assume that there is shag carpeting there.

9. TouchMyMonkey says:

@snoop-blog: McDonald’s is the only fast food chain that I know of that is licensed to purchase Coke syrup in cartons. The stuff is mixed on-site by machines that are calibrated to strict Coca-Cola standards. So what you’re getting is the freshest Coke you’ll ever drink.

10. dweebster says:

@HurtsSoGood: that’s an ironic statement.

11. snoop-blog says:

I once went to that “Knights of the Round Table” show at the Excalibur. I wasn’t bad, for a family friendly Vegas show, But the Excalibur’s rooms are horrid, and very old. I would never stay there, (well unless I was broke because it does have a nice location, but who goes to Vegas broke?) but their buffet is also pretty good and not over priced.

12. maneki neko says:

Perhaps the guy in the second photo is worn out just from looking at that room. Wow.

13. Sndtrkman says:

That room is wayy too bright for me. I’d kill myself if I had a room like that.

As for the Chase sign, that is just so awesome.

14. @Sndtrkman: It’s so bright that you can write that comment without having to specify that you weren’t talking about the casino picture

15. Kounji says:

WOW I know that Chase picture is going to get used

16. friedgold says:

wow,
    i work for Chase, and that picture was hilarious

17. Rectilinear Propagation says:

That has to be the best Chase photo in the pool

18. Sndtrkman says:

@The Count of Monte Fisto: Sorry, my bad. Should have referenced the “Orange Room” in my earlier post.

19. AbrahamNobchop says:

Thanks. That Chase, on the corner of 7th and Bell in Phoenix Arizona, has
    since fixed the sign. However, I would be damned if I didn’t get that
    picture to the Consumerist!

20. varro says:

Thrift Store Addict – Al Bundy in his hipster cousin’s house.

The last picture should be a YouTube video: WHEEEL! OOOF! FORRRTUNE!

21. snoop-blog says:

You think his living room is bad? I still have the 60′s-70′s puke green stove, fridge, and bathtub. Were people color blind back then or what? If it wasn’t puke green then it was the dark brown. And while I’m on this kick, what was up with the woodgrain paneling!?

22. Imaginary_Friend says:

@ThriftStoreAddict: Keep your head up! I admire your bold use of color and pattern. It’s cool to see a house with a little personality instead of the usual boring taupe, tan, and Ikea crap.

@snoop-blog: You ain’t seen nothin’ yet:
    [retrocrush.buzznet.com]

23. mrearly2 says:

3rd Pic: Poor guy!

24. othium says:

I am the guy in the second photo. Since I don’t make a lot of money and can’t afford new furniture, I made a choice to use vintage items to add a little “flair” to my abode. While shopping for good deals on older pottery one day, I spotted a really nice easy chair, and I was hooked. For seven dollars I was able to buy an “Ib Kofod-Larsen” designed chair (imported by Selig). Some fantastic items are out there in the thrift stores. Since then I started changing the look of my apartment from time to time, with the latest look being more of a 1970′s vibe. I am the only one who lives in it and I don’t have to worry about how orange and loud it looks. (Yes. I know it’s pretty loud. LOL!)

It was very fun to read all the comments on it here in one of my favorite blogs!