Disgruntled Computer Technician Outs Super-Rich Tax Cheaters To The IRS

U.S. law allows whistleblowers to collect 30 percent of any taxes recovered as a result of their information, and it seems that one disgruntled computer technician is taking advantage of the program. Meet Heinrich Kieber, a nefarious criminal-type turned “good guy” who will be testifying in front of the “Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations Thursday via a video statement from a secret location,” according to ABC News. Mr. Keiber is from Liechtenstein, a tiny country with very secretive banking laws. He stole banking information that showed how the world’s super-rich were skirting their countries tax laws. Keiber then sold the information to tax authorities in 12 countries, including the U.S, hence the whole “secret location” thing.

Kieber reportedly sold three CD’s full of names and data to tax authorities to 12 countries including Germany, Great Britain, France, Italy and the United States.

Tax authorities in Italy published the full list of names.

In Germany, the disclosures led to the arrests of several prominent CEO’s on charges that had evaded millions of dollars in taxes.

A former UBS private banker, Bradley Birkenfeld, has agreed to a plea deal and is reported to be cooperating with US authorities in bring charges against American citizens on tax evasion charges.

The Liechtenstein bank, LGT, is owned by the tiny country’s ruling family led by Prince Hans-Adam II.

Kieber’s Washington lawyer, Jack Blum, says Kieber should be considered a whistleblower and a hero, not a thief, for revealing how the super rich hid billions of dollars using the Liechtenstein bank.

Whatever you think of thieves (we’re not fond), you have to admit that it takes serious balls to be comfortable pissing off a fairly large percentage of the world’s super-rich and powerful tax evaders.

Day of Reckoning? Super Rich Tax Cheats Outed by Bank Clerk [ABC News]

Comments

1. jscott73 says:

Finally, a data-security breach story with a happy ending. Hopefully more theives will jump on this bandwagon as it appears to be fairly lucrative.

2. Hope that 30% is worth a lifetime in hiding over cash…

3. LuvJones says:

so where’s the list…

4. AaronZ says:

hey, better he sells it to the gov’ment than scammers.

5. He is awesome because I am so sick of the uber rich getting to do as they please while the working class stiffs such as myself follow the laws and still get the shaft. He deserves every penny he got and I hope it allowed him to retired someplace nice.

6. Bagels says:

And I thought Crimestoppers was lucrative….

7. B says:

Good for him.

8. Anonymous says:

This guy just made it on hit list of many very wealthly and ethically challenged people. I wouldn’t expect him to live toolong. What a bad-ass though.

9. boss_lady says:

@catdogpigduck: He’s gonna get fitted for a fancy new pair of cement shoes soon, I figure.

10. MayorBee says:

@LuvJones: Well, it’s a well known fact that there’s a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

So who’s in this Pentavirate? The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds and Col. Sanders before he went tits up.

11. fostina1 says:

ya but if i sell the cd player i stole outa my neighbors car to a cop, ill still go to jail, so should he.

i didnt steal my neighbors cd player btw.

12. NotATool says:

Greed knows no bounds…you make millions as a CEO and that’s not good enough, you have to cheat the government on top of it all? Scumbags.

Ironically, I am going to go out on a limb and predict that none of the rich tax cheats are going to be pursued in the US. We may see an uptick in political contributions from their companies, but no penalty for the tax cheats. Gawd I am so cynical.

13. fostina1 says:

@MayorBee: i thought they were called Veritos or something and were protecting the “TRAVELER”

14. Meg Marco says:

@MayorBee: Turn off the Bay City Rollers.

15. Audiyoda says:

@MayorBee: Very good Mr. S. Mackenzie. But I fear you know too much. You must now be dealt with in a much unfamiliar way.

16. Julia789 says:

The poor guy in the photo as a joke, some idiot from one of those companies will think it’s really his mugshot and hire people to kill him.

17. Good for him!

18. outofoffice says:

Nail the tax dodging ubber rich I say and in this case, the ends justify the means.

19. coan_net says:

Even though I don’t like people who are able to avoid taxes, I don’t think what this person done is right….. and if I had to pick between the tax cheaters or the person who stole data – I would have to pick the person who stole data as the person MORE in the wrong.

That would be like me breaking into a house, find some illegal drugs, going to the cops to tell them, then getting an award for breaking in the house and turning in the drug dealers.

20. Hamm Beerger says:

What a dick. Taxes suck, and evading them is the right thing to do.

21. SinisterMatt says:

@fostina1:

I was gonna say the same thing. It’s great that he forced super-rich tax evaders to fork over money to the Infernal Revenue Service, but he broke the law to do it. No one sees anything wrong with that?

Breaking the law to punish law-breakers. Hmmm…

Cheers!

22. ChiefDanGeorge says:

@MayorBee: He’s going to be crying himself to sleep on a giant pillow.

23. harvey_birdman_attorney_at_law says:

@Hamm Beerger:
    Agree 100%. Tax evaders are not criminals, they are heroes. We should all do our part to pay as little in taxes as possible.

24. Nytmare says:

@harvey_birdman_attorney_at_law: Same with insurance fraud. The more compensation they receive, the more I pay! It’s win-win.

25. TheGreenMnM says:

Wouldn’t this be more like dealing with crooked cops? You can’t rat them out to your people so you have to take it to other authorities? I mean, the people running the bank have a vested interest in keeping the tax evaded money there, and they just claim ignorance. They are just as wrong as the people evading. I think it’s a rock/hard place situation and this guy took the high road. Kudos!

26. trujunglist says:

I’m a little torn on this one. Both parties are actually thieves. One stole data, the other essentially stole thousands to millions of dollars by not paying what they owe, while the rest of us do.
    Actually, I’m not really that torn. Fuck you, richies. I’m not paying for your infrastructure so you can drive the 3 new cars you got due to not paying.

27. bohemian says:

I think as far as US whistleblower laws go, people can provide information they are not otherwise allowed to take with them for personal reasons from that business or entity as part of the whistleblower action.
    Otherwise you would have hospital employees in jail for turning in Medicare fraud because they turned over data from that hospital or clinic without the business’s permission.

This guy is my new hero. Nothing annoys me more than the fact that the IRS will hound some small guy over a few grand in back taxes and potentially jail them while totally ignoring rich tax cheats who dodge on paying MILLIONS in taxes.

28. trujunglist says:

@coan_net:

This essentially just happened when a thief broke into a van containing explosives and other dangerous materials. He drove the van to a pier and then called the cops. He didn’t get in trouble, and the cops actually say that he is a hero for doing it. I agree. Is it worse to steal data or worse to steal a whole crapload of money, essentially from everyone on this blog? I take more offense to the encompassing nature of the latter, especially since I am personally involved.

29. kyle4 says:

This guy is sort of acting like Robin Hood in a way. Even though what he did was illegal, he did a good thing. Why should the rich not have to pay their taxes while others do. He was just doing a good deed.

On a side note, if most Gawker article writers are paid by page views, if I have no life and keep refreshing the page does Meg make more money? That could be a good deed.

30. Bladefist says:

@kylo4: Some say the true story of Robin Hood is he stole the taxes from the Government, and gave them back to the people.

31. orlo says:

No doubt he ratted on a bunch of greedy bastards, but what for instance is the US government going to do with the money collected? Oil subsidy? War with Iran? Which are really just extra payouts to the rich. These wealthy tax-shirkers are being considerate by saving the taxpayers money in lawyer fees for additional no-bid contracts.

We should all stop paying taxes. They’d run out of jail cells soon enough.

32. Techguy1138 says:

30% of back taxes is a drop in the bucket compared to what he could have skimmed off of these accounts without much effort. He could have even hidden his activities because in researching the skimming the tax evasion issues would have been exposed.

When you want justice, not just the rule of law, thieves are sometimes necessary.

33. mikedt says:

@MayorBee: Love that movie! HEAD!

34. Eldritch says:

To the surprise of nobody…

35. Zephyr7 says:

Whatever his motivations, I’m glad he did it.

36. 30% ??????

I thought the finder’s fee was 10%.

For 30% I will be on the lookout for more people to turn-in. I got an uncle that I think is hiding money from an undeclared source in his mattress.

37. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

Wow! Great! The US is going to confiscate so much money as a result of this that we small taxpayers are going to see the refund of a lifetime! And all the welfare services that have been getting pinched for lack of funds can oblige their truly generous and helpful nature! And the economy will recover and everything! What are YOU going to buy with your share of the looters’ cash?

38. TechnoDestructo says:

Jesus…I’d think it much safer to just pick the largest cheat, and out him. Maybe space them out over time so your trail can be nice and cold. That way if you get assassinated, it’ll be pretty clear who did it. This way there are so many suspects any one of them could get away with it.

39. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

@TechnoDestructo: No, I think the odds are much better that he “bought” protection by leaving certain key people OFF of the list.

40. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

@speedwell: Imagine how many bombs the loot can buy! Or, wait… maybe we can bail out another deserving airline!

41. Philthadelphian says:

@Techguy1138: “I’d say he falls into hero status on this one. If you think about it he had all of the banking information and transaction histories on the rich and richer for 12 major countries.”

So some scum bag thief who was stealing banking information analyzed the cost/benefit ratio of the situation,realized he’d make more by robbing the account holders directly but decided to do the right thing and “only” make 30 percent off their illegal holdings?

Please. I hate rich people who pay less in taxes than I do just as much as the next Consumerist reader, but this is a ridiculous assumption. Selling out his fellow criminals was an easier, faster way to cash in than stealing from them.

Vigilantes are awesome, but snitches looking to make a quick buck should and will be hunted down by those they betrayed.

42. blong81 says:

Theifs? Keeping your own hard earned money is theft? Funny, I thaught when someone took your money without your willingness it was theft. Times have changed I suppose.

43. viqas says:

@Corporate-Shill:
    They now charge a fee to investigate that person because everyone was turning in their neighbors and their grandparents. If something turns out then you win, if not you lose

44. mac-phisto says:

@NotATool: i don’t think so – one nice thing about the IRS – you owe them money, you pay or you go to jail (or both). probably one of that last government agencies that still has some teeth (though that corruption issue a few years back caused some major internal problems).

i would imagine that if this list yields some prominent names, amnesty will be granted for prompt payment (plus interest), but those that decide to lawyer up & drag it thru court will end up paying & going to jail (& losing their jobs, their trophy wives, that house in the hamptons).

you don’t ever get away without paying though. ever. they will always find you.

personally, i think this is poetic justice for the “mr. p. brain, m/b/a”s of the world that brought our economy to its knees with their piss-poor short-term over long-term corporate strategies, burning bridges as they trampled over everything & everyone. to be brought down by a lowly computer geek. keiber, FTW! (now, duck & cover).

45. Slow2Whine says:

Hero? I wouldn’t go so far to go and call him that. Nor would I assume his motivation to expose the tax evaders was to make the rest of us feel better.

The guy did uncover the information through illegal means, and we’re supposed the assume he intention was virtuous?

He probably blackmailed a couple people, (maybe one did pay) and ran into a brick wall with the next guy. Since he had a whole list, he probably noticed how much of a hassle it would be to blackmail everyone (even at one-at-a-time) Keep in mind these are probably powerful people too. So why not hand the info to the local governments, have them deal with the mess, and get a nice side profit without have to deal with watching over your back all the time?

46. sleze69 says:

I think you all are missing the point:

Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three lefts do…

47. JennQPublic says:

@blong81: Don’t kid yourself- when you don’t pay your taxes someone has to pick up the slack. You are, in fact, stealing from all of the people who do pay their taxes, either because they’re scared of the I.R.S., or they have integrity.

This guy’s not my hero, Italy is my hero. I would love to see a list of rich Americans who can’t be bothered to pay their taxes.

/Remember, taxes pay soldiers’ salaries. Do you support the troops?

48. All you fools complaining about paying taxes are ridiculous. My being gainfully employed in these United States of America, you signed up to pay taxes. Don’t like it? You’re free to live in another country.

Taxes suck, but we all gotta pay ‘em. Its the way its always been, and its the way its always gonna be. Stop bitching.

If I knew some multi-millionaire people that were evading taxes, I’d turn ‘em in too. 30% of 100k is 30k. Yes please.

Now, I’ll go back to my search for Bin Laden so I can collect my 25mil.

49. @DikembeMeiztombo: *BY being gainfully employed in these United States of America, you signed up to pay taxes.

50. forgottenpassword says:

Awesome! If I were that guy…. hell yeah I would do it! I dont care if half of the rich tax-avoiding a-holes in the world were looking for me afterwards. Gimmie a new ID & I could live a simple, quiet life on 30% of all the money the IRS gets from these thieving rich jerks.

Come & get me!

51. humphrmi says:

Half the people who live in countries that border Liechtenstein can’t find it. When I took a motor coach tour from Switzerland to Liechtenstein, someone asked “How do we know when we’ve entered Liechtenstein?” The answer: When the license plate color changes from white to black.

I’d love to see a goodfella driving around the Rhine basin trying to find Liechtenstein. This guy’s pretty safe.

52. greggsemen says:

To all those folks who think its improper or hypocritical to violate the law in order to enforce it, can you help me understand the following?

Do you really think that the one-time-criminal data-thief is truly more dispicable than excessively rich companies/person who routinely break the law. Its pretty clear that the CEOs, etc, are lifetime white collar criminals who live above the law, not the guy who is taking one for the team (its pretty clear his life and liberty were not as important as his belief that criminals should be punished).

Should we prosecute undercover FBI/Police/etc who sell or use drugs and commit other crimes in order to prosecute a clearly larger criminal? Sometimes you gotta break the rules, especially when the bad guys are succeeding by doing so.

Aren’t you concerned, or at least suspicious of, the laws that make what this single clerk has done were written by the tax cheats themselves, or by people who benefit by protecting their secrets?

Its not like the guy stole the data and is ransoming it to the account holders, or selling it to random criminal enterprises, or any number of immoral things. He’s offering it the govt’s of the suspected criminals, although he stands to profit substantially (but its no secret, and he probably won’t live to see it). How would you feel If I knew my neighbors were pedophiles, and I knew where they kept the evidence but due to red-tape and legal technicalites the police were unable to act? Would you think I was an immoral burglar if I broke in and exposed them, so the police finally could act.

Anyways, I hope he gets the 30%, he better spend it fast though.

53. TechnoDestructo says:

I’m not sure it’s fair to characterize ALL CEOs as life-long career white-collar criminals. There’s got to be some honest ones out there (right?). I mean, maybe if we rooted through some of the Above and Beyond stories we’d find some.

54. SAGoon987 says:

@Hamm Beerger: Yeah dude. Taxes totally suck. I hate driving on roads and having my garbage taken away.

55. drjayphd says:

Wouldn’t it be ironical if this guy started stashing his sizable reward in tax shelters, though?

56. usa_gatekeeper says:

That wasn’t my money! Someone deposited it in my little numbered account and I don’t know anything about it! Must’ve been a typo when they made the deposit – wrong account!!! I’m innocent, I tell you. I want my attorney.

57. papahoth says:

@blong81: Don’t like it? Leave. Let me show you countries that have lower taxes than the US. Huh, Venezuela (maybe), Cuba?, Bhutan, Saudia Arabia, Quatar, Kuwait, UAE, Yemen, Somolia (no government to collect), Iraq, help me out here guys, has to be some place this clown can move to.

58. papahoth says:
  59. @papahoth: Agreed.

/is too lazy to look up countries with lower taxes

60. @blong81: YOU SIGNED UP FOR IT

61. rellog says:

@coan_net: No, it would be more like, you’re a plumber hired to fix a leaky pipe and you stumble onto a meth lab.
    How anyone can see the scumbag tax cheaters as victims is beyond me. I have no sympathy for the super-rich…

62. @Hamm Beerger:

Only the little people pay taxes, right?

The biggest problem with our tax system is the uber rich don’t pay ALL the taxes. They are the ones who mainly benefit from the largess of the government so they should pay for it.

63. ludwigk says:

@coan_net: The reason you can’t figure it out is because you are failing to include the cost to society of all those drugs being distributed – increased crime rates, broken lives, costly addiction, death by overdose, economic depression as money is funneled into vice industries. If the one break-in could save lives and help hundreds of working poor, wouldn’t it be worth it?

The cost of the ultra-rich not paying their taxes has a similar result. It robs these countries’ governments of billions of dollars that could build schools and libraries, improve welfare programs, prevent crime, improve infrastructure, and help maintain a more balanced society.

When the ultra rich don’t pay taxes, you pay in the form of higher effective tax rates, and a disappearance of the things you have been paying taxes for, such as social security.

64. FrankReality says:

One bank in one country… the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

65. Shrink_Ray_Bandit says:

@SAGoon987: In Texas we pay tolls, and the garbage collection is a line item on the water bill…

66. SAGoon987 says:

@Shrink_Ray_Bandit: Do you even know how tolls work? Also, do you like POLICE and SCHOOLS?

You people will manipulate anything to try and misrepresent something, won’t you?

67. gareki.ga.haikyo.ni says:

I can see a downside to this:

It’s no secret whatever that the rich own and operate the republican party. Having lost all this money, they’ll simply pursue a legal means of reducing their tax outlays; they’ll resort to ever more insidious and despicable methods of brainwashing the public into supporting the republican party, which, of course, will have the effect of lowering the taxes of the super rich and raising the taxes of the poor, whose labours and toils have created the wealth and resources of the rich.

I am sooo tired of rich fat middle-aged balding white men. They are ruining everything. And I don’t think that’s hyperbole.

68. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

@ludwigk: Actually, the idea that the money the IRS is going to collect from this is going to improved schools, welfare, and infrastructure, and so forth was a JOKE

For one thing, those are state functions, not federal functions… for another thing, if you’re really so naive that you think any of the loot is going to trickle down to the man on the street in any form, you shouldn’t be allowed to leave the house without supervision. Do you have any clue how much interest is accruing on the national debt, for example? (Of course you don’t.) The savings of a thousand multimillionaires would be lost in the background noise.

69. PackerX says:

I would say that the problem is that he SOLD the lists. If he had just turned them over to the countries in question and waited for his reward, I’d have much less of a problem with his intrusion into the systems. But the article makes no mention of this 30% rule and instead says that he just sold the stolen data. That doesn’t make him a hero.

Also, what are the issues if the countries knowingly purchased stolen data?

70. Consumerist-Moderator-Roz says:

@DikembeMeiztombo: Okay, two things. Firstly, let’s not post in all caps. Secondly, don’t call other users fools. Calm it down. Read the comment code.

71. Nepkarel says:

Awesome dude. You should have seen the reaction of those German CEOs. Wahahaha.

However, seriously, I do think the bank owes the super rich folks the same thing they would owe everybody else when ID data gets stolen. A complete denial of the facts, and half a year of privacy protection. Obviously, not in the US, but in the country of the bank: Liechtenstein. ROFLOL.

I hope the IRS stands up to their promise of giving this guy 30% He should also get an IRS building names after him.

72. aka_bigred says:

Best method – Don’t buy a stupid, overpriced POS that you have to jailbreak for it to be useful. Silly lemmings…

73. harvey_birdman_attorney_at_law says:

@DikembeMeiztombo: You’re absolutely right, what was I thinking in criticizing the government for wasting money. In fact, everything I earn is owed to the government, and I’m sure they’d do a much better job of managing my money than I ever could so perhaps they should just take it all. And I won’t bitch or complain even a little bit because I obviously signed up for it by being gainfully employed here.

74. Parapraxis says:

@aka_bigred:

my iPhone called. you’re in the wrong thread.

75. aikoto says:

@jscott73: Well said! Whatever this guy’s motivations, It’s nice to see that CEOs who are already screwing everyone and everything and have the BALLS to evade taxes besides, are getting their due.

76. Wormfather is Wormfather says:

DEAR MR BILL GATES

I WRITE YOU THIS LETTER AS MY SISTER IS VERY SICK IN NIGERIA. IF YOU COULD PRIVIDE THE LOCATION OF YOUR SECRET BANK ACOUNTS I CAN THEN DEPOSIT A CAPTURED TREASURE INTO YOU ACCOUNT AS IT HAS BEEN SEIZED BY THE GOVEMENT.

MR BILL GATES, PLEASE REPLY SOON, THE MONEY WILL BE GIVEN TO THE GOVENMET IN 3 DAYS UNLESS I HAVE LOCATION OF SECRET OFF SHORE TAX SHELTER.

VERY BEST,
    DANIEL BJODS

77. JennQPublic says:

@harvey_birdman_attorney_at_law: As others have pointed out, you could always move. Otherwise, stop complaining about being expected to pay the same taxes the rest of us do. If you want to complain about the way they’re spent, fine, but taxes are a fact of life, and if you don’t pay them, you are stealing from me and your other fellow citizens who do their part. Taxes are necessary. Anarchy sounds like fun when you’re a teenager, but grown-ups realize that they are the price we pay for living in a decent country.

/Nothing is certain but death and taxes.

78. jwinston2 says:

@gareki.ga.haikyo.ni:

I would have to say this is probably the single most stupidest thing I have read within the last six months, congratulations sir you have won the prize for wasting thirty seconds of my life with your irrelevant diatribe.

79. K-T says:

I know that the article says that he stole the data, but he is from Liechtenstein, those of us not from Liechtenstein can not presume to know their laws. Not to mention the fact that the laws in the US do not apply.

80. quail says:

Why do people instantly think this guy’s a thief? He’s a bank clerk who worked at the bank for years watching the super rich play their shenanigans. He got sick of it and knowing he could make some money off of it he turned those guys in to their respective governments. Kudos to him.

No, I don’t think that government does a good enough job with our tax dollars. But does that mean that the rich get to hide millions and billions of dollars?

81. quail says:

@K-T: Yes, he broke the law to do it. Most if not all whistle blowers have to break the law to get the proper information to the right people. Illegal copies of sensitive files is what brought to light most illegal activities on the part of businesses, governments, and corporations.

82. synergy says:

@fostina1: lol someone’s been watching too much “Smallville” :D

83. mizmoose says:

@Wormfather is Wormfather: oh gods I think I love you. Marry me and bear our children.

84. mizmoose says:

As a systems administrator who feels strongly about the ethics of the profession, I have mixed feelings about this.

On a personal level, I cheer the man for exposing some of the people who “get away with it” because they can. How much more could the government do (including, possibly, lowering tax rates) if everyone paid what they are supposed to?

On a professional level, I am completely appalled. He broke his country’s laws, and violated basic ethics — when we computer professionals get access to privileged information, it should remain privileged. There are exceptions (if, for example, these people had broken *his country’s* laws).

There have been another rash of news reports about computer professionals abusing their privilege. In one recent case an angry employee locked everyone else out of the computers for the city of San Francisco.

It’s hard enough having to fight the belief that system and network administrators spend their time going through users personal files and email without people like this. He should be prosecuted and punished.

85. bbagdan says:

I’m pretty sure that the responsibility to report crimes outweighs geek-client privilege, if such a thing exists. I think even psychiatrists are required to inform police if a client admits a felony.

86. angryhippo says:

As a firefighter, please post on your house in clear view if you don’t want to pay taxes.

87. coolkiwilivin says:

@tawni: please, the uber rich deserve to hold on their money just as much as the regular joes. If they got their money illegally, absolutely take it all away but b/c they succeeded or worked hard or innovated is NOT a legitimate excuse for the government to take away their earning. If Obama gets elected, it’s not only the uberrich whose taxes will be going up. According to him you are probably rich. I’m not saying that there isn’t a place for taxation but at this stage most western governments have gone from tax structures that were meant to pay for things government should do: provide infrastructure, provide a military for defense, etc etc to a confiscatory tax scheme, that’s just wrong. Screwing over a person b/c they are rich is not right just as when rich people screw over poor people. Let me make it clear I have no problems with people blowing the whistle on illegal activity. What I do have problems with is a confiscatory taxation system. If I legally and for my own sense of values, morally, earned a ton of money, I think I earned the right to keep it b/c I would know far better how to give it away and invest than any government.

88. papahoth says:

@coolkiwilivin: well we have seen how well the Bush tax cuts have worked so far. He did say 6 months ago. “they’re working.” It must be true, I’ll finish my comment later, need to do up some more horse.

89. papahoth says:

@coolkiwilivin: one more thing, let me know what country has lower taxes that is fit to live in. I highly recommend you look to retire there.

90. Imaginary_Friend says:

@coolkiwilivin: “If I legally and for my own sense of values, morally, earned a ton of money, I think I earned the right to keep it b/c I would know far better how to give it away and invest than any government.”

If taxpayers who are not uber rich don’t get a sayso in how their tax monies are disbursed, then why should the wealthy?

91. ncbill says:

Nice guy, now in witness protection.

Since he committed several crimes in obtaining the data and sold the data for profit, he has little credibility as a witness, and would NOT be called to testify in any specific criminal or civil case.

His CDs of names provide a basis to start investigations, but federal authorites will need significantly more d*mning evidence to secure any criminal convictions.

People with this much money can afford the best attorneys and IT people to scrub their computers squeaky clean.

Civil action?

Sure, but the taxpayer has multiple avenues of appeal, and cases take forever.

92. coren says:

@coolkiwilivin: Uh…you did RTFA, right? Especially the part where they didn’t pay the taxes that are an obligation of living in whatever country it is in which they reside.

93. Shrink_Ray_Bandit says:

@SAGoon987: Tolls was kind of tounge in cheek, but since you want to be a jerk.

Roads – Gas Tax, Federal and State
    Schools – Property Tax, State Lottery
    Police – Property Tax, Local Sales Tax

None of these are income tax items. None of your points are relevant in this thread. MODERATOR!!

94. papahoth says:

@papahoth: well I still am waiting. What country?