Find The Best Burgers With Handy Hotlist

Sure, there’s a time for highfalutin fancy food, but for many Americans, it always comes back to burger basics. Find out which burgers are the top contenders with Style.com’s Hamburger Hotlist. The list contains new entries, reader’s picks and editor’s picks. See the current top 5 reader-picked burgers, inside…

Graphic courtesy of Style.com:
Check out the full list at Style.com

Hotlist:Hamburgers
[Style.com]

Comments

1. petrarch1610 says:

yay burgerville!

2. ForrestWhitakersLazyEye says:

Ehhh, as someone who lives in NYC, the Corner Bistro is OK. But gimmme some In and Out Burger plz.

3. Sarah Black says:

What, no White Castle on the list?… I write this as I sit hear eating a ‘double-double’ in-n-out burger, animal style & fries (YUM YUM!)

4. GinaLouise says:

@SnowingCookies: As a California girl, I have never known the delights of a White Castle slider. O White Castle, would it kill you to open up a few shops west of the Mississippi?!

I can only comfort myself with delicious, wholesome In-N-Out burgers and secret menu items (yay Animal fries and Neopolitan shakes!).

5. ReidFleming says:

There seem to be quite a few Culvers restaurants around this part of the country and, though we’ve only gone there a couple of times, we were very impressed by their burgers. I’m originally from Cincinnati so I can appreciate the above White Castle shout out (in jest?). Though they might not be “The Best”, there’s something extremely satisfying about scarfing down several burgers in one sitting (usually while growling, “I am a giant!!!”).

6. DashTheHand says:

I can’t believe In-n-Out made it on the list and in the number one spot no less. The ones in the area that I used to live would serve your burgers with a nice helping of grease which would near liquefy the bun. Blargh.

7. Angryrider says:

Bah. The best hamburger is usually the one you make yourself.

8. Wet_Baloney says:

I’ve been to In-N-Out 3 times and never again. Each time I asked for a burger without the mayo (or whatever it is) and each time I got one full of the disgusting gloppy goo. How much effort does it take to train your staff to prepare an order the way the customer asks for it???

BTW, try taking any fast-food burger home and then popping it into the microwave. The amount of fat that melts out of it will absolutely disgust you. The meat they use must be 50 percent fat.

9. DogRidingRodeoMonkey says:

There are about 40 NYC places that make better burgers than Corner Bistro. Paul’s being the number 1 spot.

10. falc says:

ummmm…. no mention of ‘5 Guys Burgers and Fries’???

this list is null and void

[www.fiveguys.com]

11. xQuizx says:

The Slider is alright but it doesn’t compare to In-N-Out, plus it’ll take 4 sliders to equal a double double. Nor does it compare to Tommys.

12. nonzenze says:

Useless without a zipcode search! WTF?!

13. VeeKaChu says:

Anyone in the Chicago area knows that the best burger on the planet comes from the ‘Country House’ restaurants (there are now 3!).

Game over, man!

14. tom2133 says:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries isn’t on this list? Ah, Come on!

15. nrich239 says:

@falc: I’m with ya falc. I sent the editors (of the magazine, not consumerist) an email asking for them to be placed on the list.

16. ibored says:

@falc and @tom2133

While they are good, I usually have some problems with 5 guys employees speaking limited/no english which ends up putting me in a bad mood before I eat.

HOWEVER: there fries are shockingly good like out of this world goo.

17. HFC says:

@falc:

Amen, brother… or sister, as the case may be.

Five Guys was what I was looking for on the list. I’ve never been to any place on that list and I’ve only heard of In-N-Out Burger.

Five Guys and Cajun fries ftw!

18. JDAC says:

@falc: I was late to the 5 guys party, and no longer live near one, but that joint rocked for burgers and dogs!

For now though, I’m loving Jack in the Box and their ciabatta bun double burger.

19. vliam says:

This list is worthless without Chris Madrid’s tostada burger.

20. blackberry-addict says:

Five Guys Burgers isn’t mentioned? That’s a crime.

21. MercuryPDX says:

@petrarch1610: Seconded! I <3 the Burgerville. I wish it just flipped back and forth between Walla Walla Onion Ring and Sweet Potato French Fry season. :)

22. MercuryPDX says:

@GinaLouise: You’re not missing anything…. except an extended sitting in the bathroom.

23. joemono says:

@petrarch1610: @MercuryPDX: Thirded.

I’ve been to In-N-Out twice (not bad), but I’m going to go ahead and assume it’s on top simply because it’s “cool” to like it. “No, man, there’s like a secret menu and everything!”

24. theblackdog says:

@falc: Another one who thinks 5 Guys needs to be on the list.

25. EJXD2 says:

The whole “I know the secret menu items at In ‘n’ Out burger” shtick is totally played out.

Whataburger needs to be on this list.

26. mermaidshoes says:

@EJXD2: i think i miss whataburger commercials more than whataburger food.

burgerville food, on the other hand, i DO miss: sweet potato fries, walla walla onion rings, AND delicious delicious shakes… sigh.

27. TheRealAbsurdist says:

Current Faves…

In and Out: Overhyped maybe, especially the “secret menu,” but still excellent. And the overhype seems to come from word-of-mouth, as they don’t spend a lot on advertising.

Backyard Burgers: South-Central US chain. Grilled 100% Angus burgers. Whole leaf lettuce, Red onion slices, Everything fresh and yummy.

5 Guys: Hey, OK, they put the guys fresh off the boat on the counter so they have to learn English. The burgers rock. Take it all as part of the experience.

Fatburger: Great L.A. chain. Want your burger with pastrami, cheese, bacon, and a fried egg? Would you like fries with that?

Burgerville: Everything everyone above has said and more. :)

28. Bunsbert_Montcroff says:

in and out burger is wildly overrated. good burger, but doesn’t live up to the hype.

port of call (new orleans, la) and delux burger (phoenix, az) are two of the best local burgers for my money.

29. Werrick says:

I live in Ottawa, so this doesn’t really help me.

Now, granted, we don’t have the same number of fast food places in Canada, but is there a list like this for us Canadians?

In Ottawa the best burger I’ve ever had is at The Works.

It’s the greatest burger I’ve ever had… and I haven’t even tried a tenth of the menu. They’ve got everything on there. That being said, I’m always on the lookout for a good burger. Any such help for us hungry Canucks?

30. Sasquatch says:

In-N-Out is definitely the best burger on Earth, but coming in at a close second, IMO, is Mr. Bartley’s Burger Cottage in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. Their burgers are to-die-for, and they make a damn good raspberry-lime rickey.

31. synergy says:

I’ve heard of the first place. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the rest. Oh well.