In celebration of the 4th of July, there are no posts today. Happy Independence Day. Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

1. Mykro says:

But.. I wanted my deals of the day.. I’m stuck at work..

2. SJPadbury says:

Well, Woot’s doing Refurbished 8Gb iPod Nanos for $124.99 + $5 shipping. Retail is $199 by comparison.

3. Juliekins says:

No posts?!?! I demand a refund. What do we pay you people for?

Oh, wait.

Happy Independence Day, Consumerist!

4. macinjosh says:

Tsk. OP should have adequate prepared for the holiday by stockpiling a few posts. :D

5. Eldritch says:

Enjoy your holiday. Me? I’m going to be celebrating my independence by working an extra long shift at work, because apparently my work is convinced today people are going to be RUSHING in to buy books. Uh-huh, sure.

I think malls and stuff staying open on holidays are a waste of money. No one comes in, you’re dead all day, and it’s a waste of payroll and resources.

But I just might be bitter.

6. @Mykro: Ditto on the deals. I was envisioning patriotic morning deals. Oh well, time for me to get ready for work.

7. homerjay says:

Why don’t you just put Slatkin on for the day?? He’s pretty much the whipping boy around here, right?

Just kiddin, Jay. You know we loves ya!

8. Televiper says:

I just hope none of my company’s US customers call for support today. Damn engineers get a holiday and it becomes a work twice as hard day.

9. Wormfather is Wormfather says:

What is this post doing on Consumerist? J/K

I have to work (in exchange for taking Monday off) but you guys have a great day, I’ll just go read something else.

Fleshbot…here I come!

10. azntg says:

Happy 232nd Birthday (United States of) America!

So sorry to read that so many of y’all have to go to work. May it be a fast and pleasant one for you! And godspeed for the troops overseas!

11. @Git Em SteveDave seeks Lego build buddy. How about you?: There’s only one deal you need to worry about today: free fireworks shows.

12. ConsumptionJunkie says:

I miss Consumerist.

Fireworks are boring.

13. Xerloq says:

@ConsumptionJunkie: Naw, we just have to wait until Monday for the stories of the poorly labeled fireworks, scorched rose bushes, banged-up barbequeues, and ruined lawns from the over-filled turkey fryer.

Wait, that last one will come at Thanksgiving, but it still involves lots of flames!

Sorry to all who have to work today. Happy 4th!

14. @Michael Belisle: I did that last night.

15. Smitherd says:

Funny how we’re not supposed to have any posts today, but three have been made already.

Macinjosh, maybe they followed your advice?

16. thelushie says:

@Smitherd: Maybe it is raining where they are (like it is here) and they are bored.

17. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot says:

But..but…there are 2 new posts listed!! No posts are a LIE!! (and so is the cake.) But you’re forgiven. If anybody deserves a day off, its Ben and his crew. Hope you all have a great 4th!

18. Jay Slatkin says:

@homerjay: As a great animated man once said, “Doh!”

19. rbcat says:

Wait, bloggers take the day off?

tech support doesn’t. no ringing means more raptor safari

20. snoop-blog says:

@Eldritch: The stores in malls are under a strict lease with the mall. The stores are basically forced to stay open with the mall or pay a hefty penalty, Or so I heard.