Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Title: “Space Fashion //3″

By: Mareen Fischinger

Title: “Burger King”

By: By Nick Albertson

Title: “Light Record”
By: jayRaz

Caption: “A miniature Mercedes at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit “
By: J Dailey

Title: “Yay candy!”
By: fantasysage

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post.

Comments

1. That first photo just has me speechless. There’s so many things that make my brain screech to a halt attempting to integrate into it memory.

2. jpx72x says:

The new comments restrictions will kill the community at the expense of making the site marginally more welcoming to outsiders. This ship is going to sink without the community.

/ban me, I dare you.

3. mthrndr says:

the burger king photo is very effective. The first picture is psycho.

4. hellinmyeyes says:

@mthrndr:

What’s psycho is trying to figure out how they’re going to use that one in a story one day…

5. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Does anyone recognize the pink candy in the center? Is that string?

The first photo is going to get used in the next story about teddy bears with lead in them.

6. legwork says:

That first picture is so strange. It’ll be a wild OP that isn’t overshadowed by the picture.

However, someone should report it to SPCSA.

7. wgrune says:

@Rectilinear Propagation:

It kind of looks like Big League Chew which would be frickin’ sweet!

8. emona says:

@Rectilinear Propagation: Reminds me of sour strings – chewy colored ropes with sour crystals – although I doubt that’s what it’s supposed to be.

9. synimatik says:

How the crap is anyone supposed to eat jewel encrusted lollypops?

10. Ben Popken says:

@jpx72x: Offtopic.

11. Shannon says:

Maybe the first photo is like the abusive way to keep a handle on your kids… the soft way; the teddy bear back pack with the leash… ehh, I don’t know what I’m talking about. Maybe I should have told myself NO to posting a comment before I started.

12. Clobberella says:

The last photo is fascinating. Is it art imitating candy or candy imitating art? It’s very pretty but none of it looks edible to me. Then again, neither does blue ketchup so what do I know?

13. mgy says:

@Git Em SteveDave seeks Lego build buddy. How about you?: I’m desperately awaiting the context in which that particular picture will be displayed in.

“Help! Comcast chained my children to their truck which then drove into the ocean!”?

14. Dustbunny says:

The pink sparkly candy on the bottom right looks like sprinkles. Do people actually eat those without putting ‘em on something like ice cream sundaes?

15. ChuckECheese says:

@Dustbunny: The Dutch, and Belgians by association, put sprinkles on buttered bread for breakfast or a snack. Sounds odd but is probably no worse for you than jam. Here’s a link: [www.dcimports.com]

16. superlayne says:

@Shannon: Funniest thing in the world, at a farmer’s market a pair of rather obese parents were getting dragged by a pair of toddlers with puppy backpack leashes. I was rather sad for those children.

On the first picture, my screen is just small enough that I can’t look at the whole thing at once, so for about 10 minutes I scrolled up and down just staring at all the color.

17. Wubbytoes says:

Now I want to eat candy and visit a lonely Burger King.

18. themediatrix says:

@emona: @Clobberella: folks, those are beads! Not candy…just a bead store display. Look at the background, it’s craft store. See the ribbon and stuff?

19. @jpx72x: Hey, I joined this site like 3 or 4 months ago, and I thought the stories were top shelf and the comments underneath both insightful and HYSTERICAL.

Sadly, I’ll miss it.

P.S.- Is it just me, or does the light record pic remind you of a model of the inner ear?

20. Sorry, Ben, I have to say it…. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO EVERYONE!!!! *I know, off topic… I apologize ahead of time :)

21. lonebannana says:

Is that Tom Servo in the bottom of the Candy Pic?

22. Dustbunny says:

@ChuckECheese:

Curse you for making me go to that site and all its yummy foreign treats ;-)

I got distracted by the German marzipan. Mmmmm. Marzipan.