American Airlines could be laying off 900 flight attendants. [Dallas News]

Comments

1. thelushie says:

2. MayorBee says:

The first line of the article: “American Airlines Inc. has informed its flight attendants’ union that it may furlough 900 flight attendants as of Aug. 31.”

Furlough, eh? That makes it so much better sounding. It’s like a vacation!

Also: “The Association of Professional Flight Attendants said the airline delivered a WARN letter, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act”

Why are all the words sugarcoated, even to their employees?

3. Eldritch says:

@MayorBee:

Maybe to stop them from striking over it? Airline strikes are srs business, and I bet the employees are so close to striking as is.

4. joel. says:

I hope they don’t fire them in the middle of my flights tomorrow. That could be bad.

5. Dammit! But American Airlines has the cheapest fare for the vacation I’m planning in August! Stop giving me reasons to second-guess!!!

6. Tink about it. AA is canceling flights right after labor day. It only makes sense that some staff will no longer be needed.

We are in a period of inflation yet neither of the major presidential candidates is willing to use the inflation word. Wonder why?

7. dohtem says:

@thelushie: Don’t be silly… we’ll always have the TSA freedom search!

8. MercuryPDX says:

@thelushie: But then who would give you ugly looks, call the air marshal when you make a legitimate request, and not deliver your drinks?

The remain 18,000, now with 21% lower morale and 21% higher disgruntlement?

Sorta like the shrink ray gone bad.

9. TheRealAbsurdist says:

@MayorBee: I read it as “Also: “The Association of Professional Flight Attendants said the airline delivered a WARN letter, Worker Adjustment and Restraining Notification Act”.” I need more coffee.