Morning Deals

• Vann’s: Panasonic Lumix FX33 8.1MP Digital Camera $150 Shipped
  • REI: Save 20% to 30% off During Summer Sale now
  • Amazon: Free iPod nano or Touch with Netgear Gigabit Smart Switches

Highlights From Bargainist

Comments

1. Asvetic says:

The House Boardshop has a 60% summer sale going on right now… I picked up a pair of SPY sunglasses pretty cheap.

[www.the-house.com]

2. Angryrider says:

Don’t forget to mention you can buy all seasons of 24 for about $27 total. Whoo hoo. Pro-American bigotry!

[forum.dvdtalk.com]

3. chaitea says:

According to the PetFoodDirect website, Purina has announced a 5% increase on their Friskies and Fancy Feast brands beginning July 5th. I’ve looked around for a press release but haven’t found one yet.

4. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

I’m going to San Antonio from Houston for the 4th to see family, 3 hours each way. My gas cost is about 30 dollars. I can eat where I want and what I want, pee in a full-sized stall, and carry as much luggage as I can fit in my car. If my car stalls, I don’t fall thousands of feet out of the sky. Best of all, I don’t have to do business with Southwest.

5. Vicky says:

@speedwell: Funny: we are also going to San Antonio from Houston for the 4th to see family. :) We are using Southwest for a sum total of $154. Our gas cost (229 miles, 32 mpg, $3.89) would have been about $55, so we’re paying an extra $100 for the benefit of getting there in only 45 minutes. I can eat dinner with family when we get there, I can pee in my own house before I leave on the short trip, and best of all I don’t have to deal with I-10 west out of Houston after work on Thursday. :D All in good fun – have a safe drive and a happy 4th!

6. ohyeahright says:

Doesn’t Southwest ALWAYS offer these particular flights for $29 if you book 21 days in advance?

7. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

@Vicky: Getting there in only 45 minutes? What, you have angels teleport you into the plane from your house? Pull someone else’s leg. I count the time driving to the airport, waiting at the airport, waiting on the plane before it takes off, and driving to the family member’s house from the airport (and they live in the Medical Center). You have a point about traffic, but I bet I’ll still beat you there if we leave our front doors at the same time.