Sign of economic desperation: man robs kids’ lemonade stand, but the kids chase him into nearby house and call the cops, who arrest him and charge him with felony robbery. [AP]

Comments

1. ShadowFalls says:

Umm, why did you give him the money in the first place? Then proceed to chase him? If you were afraid the first time to give him the money, why would you suddenly be mustering courage to chase after him?

Did he just grab and run, or what? Seems to be something left out of the story here… Regardless, I bet these guy is feeling a little sour about now…

2. Dobernala says:

At least it had a happy ending.

3. Ben Popken says:

@ShadowFalls: RTFA.

“The guy came up and was, like, ‘Give me your money,’” said Dominique Morefield, who was running the lemonade stand with a group of friends. “I was shocked. It was just my immediate reaction to chase after him.”

4. First person to blame the kids for running a lemonade stand gets a slap to the head!

5. theblackdog says:

Can you imagine what this guy is going to have to tell his jailhouse buddies?

“I’m in here because I robbed some kid’s lemonade stand”

“Bubba” will make sure he’s a good little wife because of what he did.

6. sprocket79 says:

I heard about this on the radio yesterday. I particularly like how the kid that stole the whopping sum of $17.50 is 18 and is legally an adult so it’s a felony. What a moron.

7. cmdrsass says:

I’m not sure what sign of economic desperation I’m supposed to be looking for in this article.

8. smirky says:

@theblackdog: What would be really funny is if he tries to make it out as a big haul.

“…then the little b#@ch pulled a blade to cut me…”

9. Wormfather says:

@Ben Popken: Now, now, now Ben, what’s good for the goose…

Watch the language or something or other about the bandito.

Think you can go all willie nilly because it’s a newswire post eh?

@ShadowFalls: Yeah, RTFA.

10. Ben Popken says:

@cmdrsass: You have to be pretty desperate to rob a kid’s lemonade stand.

11. Gopher bond says:

Did those kids have a proper permit to peddle foodstuffs? Probably not. They should get a fine.

12. plasticredtophat says:

wow, what an idiot!

13. Burgandy says:

I see a nickname like “lemon-scented b!tch” in his future, punk deserves it.

14. sn1per420 says:

@testsicles: I actually heard of this happening about 2 summers ago. It’s a pretty fucked up move.

Kid shoulda partnered up with Ed Wuncler, then she’d have hired protection instead of having to chase the guy down herself. She’d also get to own a pony!

15. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot says:

Wow…that would buy him a thimble-full of gas!!

Seriously…what’s society sinking to when they start to steal money from a kid’s lemonade stand??

16. Tightlines says:

Wait, I thought there was a ban on linking to the AP?

17. Clobberella says:

I think what really happened here is that the guy flew into a blind rage once he found out this kid was hawking Countrytime instead of actual lemonade.

18. ElizabethD says:

@Clobberella:

Seriously.

19. floyderdc says:

@Clobberella:

Nothing wrong with Countrytime I used to eat the powder strait for a sugar rush.

Cheap high I guess

20. Fredex says:

Us kids got robbed by our Mom several times. Nothing much to do except be careful what she knew about.

21. ShadowFalls says:

I read the article, it was just a misconception. It states robbery like he made off with something, it was “attempted” robbery, big difference.

22. coren says:

@ShadowFalls: So he takes money from someone, but that’s not making off with something? Huh

23. Trai_Dep says:

Should be slapped, sure. But throwing FELONY charges at a $18 theft? That’s umm, the same category as rape/murder. Bad, yes. Charlie Manson? No.
    Don’t get me wrong: probation for a loooong time and one man-year of community service. But a felony?! Madness.