Greyhound Tickets For Only $2

Reader Nico was able to ride Greyhound from New York to Toronto for only $2. That’s amazing! Two bucks! We tried to recreate the deal and couldn’t, but it looks Greyhound sometimes offers a limited amount of $2 tickets for 6-day advance purchases. Way to go Nico, you are the dealmaster of the day.

(Brag) New York to Toronto Bus Ticket for $2! [Ready to shop with Nico?]

Comments

1. Wormfather says:

Man your butt is going to hurt. That reminds me, I have to go try and find airline tickets for Thanksgiving Day. Godspeed.

2. squatchie44 says:

That is the best thing i have seen today so far.

3. sir_pantsalot says:

Now Nico can get that $165 shirt for his Dad.

4. watduck says:

$2 or…. getting marooned for hours in San Luis Obispo (California) by a non-existent replacement driver after your original one just up and left. (true story, happened to my friend who lives in the SF Bay)

5. mattatwork says:

They’re trying to compete with MegaBus ([www.megabus.com]). NYC to Toronto is one of MegaBus’s routes, and they also offer a few super-low fares for every bus.

6. ffmariners says:

@mattatwork: a few? they offer at least $1 seat… and the highest I have seen from baltimore to NYC is $10 one way…. thats pretty cheap!

And Greyhound and Peterpan are 50/50 owners of Bolt Bus (boltbus.com)… Right now it just does NYC to Philly, DC, and Boston… but they should be expanding the routes I am sure

7. Balisong says:

But you can’t refund them. SUCKER!!

8. floyderdc says:

That is a pretty good deal. Considering the cash fair to go across DC is $1.35

9. Finally, the actual value of a Greyhound ride is reflected in the price.

10. RufordMarcellus says:

Greyhound introduced the Ne-On bus a few weeks ago and was offering $1 fares
    all weekend. The bus was akin to those used by Boltbus, so there were
    outlets at each seat and extra legroom. Score!

11. chiieddy says:

Sounds like a reaction to the BoltBus $1 deals.

12. leejay says:

Megabus competition. I got a bunch of tickets for the summertime a few weeks ago. Yes!

13. ffmariners says:

@chiieddy: Why would Greyhound be reacting to a deal from a company they have 50% ownership in?

14. snead says:

Great deal. But man, you couldn’t pay me $2 to spend that long on a Greyhound bus.

15. Orv says:

They should take a page from the airlines and start adding extra fees. Like they could charge an extra $10 for a bus with a working bathroom, and $15 for not being seated next to a drunk.

16. nycaviation says:

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Greyhound launched a new BoltBus-esque NY-Toronto service called Neon. There’s a giant banner for it right on the Greyhound homepage. Fares start at $1.

17. Pancakes?? FRENCH TOAST!! says:

With any luck the bus is nuclear powered and designed by Howard Hessman.

18. UEAKCrash says:

@A.W.E.S.O.M.-O: I fully agree. $2 still doesn’t sound like a deal to me with greyhound. They couldn’t pay me to ride their bus again.

19. Sidecutter says:

$2 for greyhound? You got overcharged dude.

20. SayAhh says:

I don’t think you’d be eligible for a refund. Better go with the $170 option, I say. More expensive = better service.

/sarcasm

After reading the US Airways article, and having never been on a Greyhound bus, I’m curious: do they serve/sell drinks on buses? Is it more than $2?

21. Meathamper says:

So, Nico had enough of New York (Liberty City) and decided to move to Canada?